Review: could Lipitor cause Bone density loss (Bone Density Decreased)?
Summary: Bone density loss is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 264 have Bone density loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone density loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Bone density loss >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,828 Lipitor users)
Bone density loss
Bone density loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, breast cancer, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 6,638 Bone density loss patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 264 people (0.20%) have Bone Density Loss.
Time on Lipitor when people have Bone density loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone density loss||0.00%||3.45%||3.45%||6.90%||44.83%||37.93%||3.45% |
Gender of people who have Bone density loss when taking Lipitor * :
|Bone density loss||70.44%||29.56% |
Age of people who have Bone density loss when taking Lipitor * :
|Bone density loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.86%||22.66%||71.48% |
Severity of Bone density loss when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone density loss||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone density loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 26.89%)
- Hypertension (47 people, 17.80%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (38 people, 14.39%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (34 people, 12.88%)
- Multiple myeloma (34 people, 12.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (119 people, 45.08%)
- Fosamax (113 people, 42.80%)
- Zometa (112 people, 42.42%)
- Celebrex (89 people, 33.71%)
- Zocor (77 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone Density Loss while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Bone Density Loss
- support group for people who take Lipitor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.