Review: could Lipitor cause Bone pain?
Summary: Bone pain is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 751 have Bone pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Bone pain >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Bone pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, breast cancer, pain, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 20,825 Bone pain patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 129,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 751 people (0.58%) have Bone Pain.
Time on Lipitor when people have Bone pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone pain||13.64%||21.21%||7.58%||10.61%||13.64%||22.73%||10.61% |
Gender of people who have Bone pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Bone pain||64.72%||35.28% |
Age of people who have Bone pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Bone pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.06%||2.58%||4.86%||28.88%||62.61% |
Severity of Bone pain when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone pain||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (122 people, 16.25%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (120 people, 15.98%)
- Hypertension (58 people, 7.72%)
- Breast cancer (54 people, 7.19%)
- Metastases to bone (36 people, 4.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (207 people, 27.56%)
- Zometa (179 people, 23.83%)
- Atenolol (124 people, 16.51%)
- Aredia (106 people, 14.11%)
- Ambien (100 people, 13.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and bone pain on
Do you have Bone Pain while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Bone Pain
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Bone Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.