Could Lipitor cause Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol . We study 178,030 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA. Among them, 2,351 have Bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Bradycardia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 181,177 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,431 Bradycardia patients).
On Nov, 22, 2016
178,030 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 2,351 people (1.32%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 20.13 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.84 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.04 %
- 2 - 5 years: 19.48 %
- 5 - 10 years: 22.08 %
- 10+ years: 3.25 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 50.3 %
- male: 49.7 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.3 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 1.52 %
- 30-39: 1.98 %
- 40-49: 7.51 %
- 50-59: 21.37 %
- 60+: 67.06 %
Severity of Bradycardia **:
- least: 12.5 %
- moderate: 75.0 %
- severe: 12.5 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (610 people, 25.95%)
- Lasix (455 people, 19.35%)
- Plavix (363 people, 15.44%)
- Lisinopril (313 people, 13.31%)
- Digoxin (283 people, 12.04%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Lipitor, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Diabetes (142 people, 6.04%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- High Blood Pressure (539 people, 22.93%)
- Breathing Difficulty (521 people, 22.16%)
- Hypotension (462 people, 19.65%)
- Chest Pain (446 people, 18.97%)
- Fatigue (438 people, 18.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is bradycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Enlargement of liver. Elevated enzymes. Some pain in liver. Took Lipitor many years after heart attack. Quit taking drug quit drinking and stopped other supplements to give liver break. Cholesterol levels went up. Began Lipitor again a few days ago now have pain along rib cage. Suspect it's from ...
Hello, I have been on Lipitor 10 for years with no problems. I am thinking about taking one of the better brands of Garcina Cambodia, it is more pure form and no additives/fillers etc. has any one who is also on Lipitor had problems or reactions taking the Garcina Cambodia also?
76 year old female,excellent health until I had an episode with trip to emergency room for high blood pressure and high cholestrol. In the ER they sent me home with 325 mg aspirin a day and 40mg. Lipitor. Went to my doctor 2 weeks later he said stay on both meds. About 2 months into taking thes ...
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I have been taking Lipitor for about 2 weeks at night and developed extreme itching, mainly on my scalp and back. My GP said to stop for 2 weeks. It has been 1week now and I am still itching. Not h Just on head and back but all other areas of my body as well. I am wondering if Keeled will take ...