Lipitor and Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Bradycardia with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 175,191 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Feb, 25, 2017
175,191 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 2,370 people (1.35%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 20.42 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.31 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.04 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.97 %
- 2 - 5 years: 19.72 %
- 5 - 10 years: 20.42 %
- 10+ years: 2.11 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 50.3 %
- male: 49.7 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.3 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 1.51 %
- 30-39: 2.07 %
- 40-49: 7.57 %
- 50-59: 21.09 %
- 60+: 67.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (421 people, 17.76%)
- High Blood Pressure (307 people, 12.95%)
- Diabetes (141 people, 5.95%)
- Multiple Myeloma (120 people, 5.06%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (113 people, 4.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (613 people, 25.86%)
- Lasix (463 people, 19.54%)
- Plavix (365 people, 15.40%)
- Lisinopril (313 people, 13.21%)
- Digoxin (286 people, 12.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (549 people, 23.16%)
- Breathing Difficulty (534 people, 22.53%)
- Hypotension (471 people, 19.87%)
- Chest Pain (458 people, 19.32%)
- Dizziness (448 people, 18.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor?
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 181,324 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,544 Bradycardia patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I cannot seem to catch my breath and my heart rate is extremely slow, to the point that I have difficulty finding my own pulse and I can't seem to stay still...anybody know how long I should try and wait out these side effects?
63 year old male, 6'-0", 215 lbs, former smoker, non drinker been taking Sildenafil for about a year, greatest discovery ever. diagnosed recently with Vent(ricular) Trachycardia. Take 20 to 30 mg, only when anticipating sex. Will feel a bit "flushed" and heart races some as is the case with ...