Lipitor and Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol . We study 175,191 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA. Among them, 2,370 have Bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Bradycardia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 181,277 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,500 Bradycardia patients).
On Jan, 23, 2017
175,191 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 2,370 people (1.35%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 21.01 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.12 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.52 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.59 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.84 %
- 5 - 10 years: 20.29 %
- 10+ years: 3.62 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 50.3 %
- male: 49.7 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.3 %
- 10-19: 0.15 %
- 20-29: 1.51 %
- 30-39: 2.07 %
- 40-49: 7.57 %
- 50-59: 21.09 %
- 60+: 67.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (421 people, 17.76%)
- High Blood Pressure (307 people, 12.95%)
- Diabetes (141 people, 5.95%)
- Multiple Myeloma (120 people, 5.06%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (113 people, 4.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (613 people, 25.86%)
- Lasix (463 people, 19.54%)
- Plavix (365 people, 15.40%)
- Lisinopril (313 people, 13.21%)
- Digoxin (286 people, 12.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (549 people, 23.16%)
- Breathing Difficulty (534 people, 22.53%)
- Hypotension (471 people, 19.87%)
- Chest Pain (458 people, 19.32%)
- Dizziness (448 people, 18.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Lipitor?
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I took this pill because of a dental problem for only 3 days. 125mg. Not only did it destroy my stomach but it put me into arrhythmia which I had never had in my life before. I had to call an ambulance because of the severe stomach pain it caused me. I was in a fetal position for a day despite ...
I have been on 40 for about 3 yrs now on 20 for 2 yrs. Came down with bilateral DVT 3 weeks ago no on Eliquis 5 mg bid. How long would I need to take meds....Did anyone have other diagnosis of prostate ca?