Review: could Lipitor cause Crohn's disease?
Summary: Crohn's disease is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Humira, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 129,909 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 132 have Crohn's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Crohn's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Crohn's disease >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,813 Lipitor users)
Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) has been reported by people with acne, pain, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 75,775 Crohn's disease patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 129,898 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 136 people (0.10%) have Crohn's Disease.
Time on Lipitor when people have Crohn's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||88.89%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Lipitor * :
|Crohn's disease||58.87%||41.13% |
Age of people who have Crohn's disease when taking Lipitor * :
|Crohn's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.85%||21.19%||24.58%||53.39% |
Severity of Crohn's disease when taking Lipitor ** :
How people recovered from Crohn's disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (48 people, 35.29%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (35 people, 25.74%)
- Arthralgia (20 people, 14.71%)
- Rosacea (12 people, 8.82%)
- Acne (12 people, 8.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (36 people, 26.47%)
- Vioxx (27 people, 19.85%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 19.85%)
- Vasotec (18 people, 13.24%)
- Prednisone (17 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and crohn's disease on
Do you have Crohn's Disease while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Crohn's Disease
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Crohn's Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Niacin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man with Avascular Necrosis, Blood Erythropoietin Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Clot - Lung. The patient has Rash On Chest And Back
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Zoloft, Atenolol, Lisinopril for a 54-year old man with Total Cholesterol, Depression, Beating Heart Surgery, Hbp. The patient has Hot Flush
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.