Home > Lipitor > Dysphagia > Lipitor and Dysphagia
Review: could Lipitor cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
We study 129,802 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,430 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Dysphagia >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,700 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) (latest reports from 250,955 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 1,430 people (1.10%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Lipitor when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Lipitor * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Lipitor * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (240 people, 16.78%)
- Hypertension (173 people, 12.10%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (116 people, 8.11%)
- Depression (97 people, 6.78%)
- Pain (80 people, 5.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (383 people, 26.78%)
- Plavix (264 people, 18.46%)
- Prilosec (226 people, 15.80%)
- Nexium (205 people, 14.34%)
- Lasix (199 people, 13.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Lipitor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lipitor, Dysphagia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, Dysphagia
On eHealthMe, Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Lipitor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lipitor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Rythmol, Lipitor for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty, Tremor, Hand Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotrol, Nicoderm Cq, Nicorette, Nicotine, Temazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Vivelle-dot, Lipitor, Cymbalta, Depakote for a patient with Addiction, Sleep Aid, Hormone Replacement Therapy, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased, Perforation Of The Intestines, Lack Of Orgasm, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Swallowing Difficulty, Ringing In The Ears, Forgetfulness, Fatigue - Chronic, Tremor, Urinary Incontinence, Sleep Problems Various Sources, Depression, Bipolar Ii Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Folic Acid, Multivitamin, Losartan Potassium, Calcium, Atorvastatin Calcium, Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil, Methotrexate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Nutritional Support, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Skin Hypopigmentation, Shoulder Pain, Fatigue Aggravated, Swallowing Difficulty, Breathlessness, Photosensitivity Allergic Reaction
More related studies for: Lipitor, Dysphagia
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lipitor, Dysphagia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.