Review: could Lipitor cause Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty)?
Summary: Dysphagia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,909 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,431 have Dysphagia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dysphagia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Dysphagia >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,813 Lipitor users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 36,358 Dysphagia patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 129,898 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 1,431 people (1.10%) have Dysphagia.
Time on Lipitor when people have Dysphagia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Lipitor * :
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Lipitor * :
Severity of Dysphagia when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dysphagia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (240 people, 16.77%)
- Hypertension (173 people, 12.09%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (116 people, 8.11%)
- Depression (97 people, 6.78%)
- Pain (80 people, 5.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (384 people, 26.83%)
- Plavix (265 people, 18.52%)
- Prilosec (226 people, 15.79%)
- Nexium (205 people, 14.33%)
- Lasix (199 people, 13.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and dysphagia on
Do you have Dysphagia while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Dysphagia
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Dysphagia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 58-year old man with Cholesterosis, Diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.