Home > Lipitor > Dystonia > Lipitor and Dystonia
Review: could Lipitor cause Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow)?
Summary: Dystonia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Metoclopramide, and have Hypercholesterolaemia.
We study 129,823 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 72 have Dystonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dystonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Dystonia >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,722 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Dystonia (abnormal muscle tone) (latest reports from 16,222 patients) has been reported by people with indigestion, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, psychotic disorder.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 129,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 72 people (0.06%) have Dystonia.
Time on Lipitor when people have Dystonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dystonia when taking Lipitor * :
Age of people who have Dystonia when taking Lipitor * :
Severity of Dystonia when taking Lipitor ** :
How people recovered from Dystonia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (6 people, 8.33%)
- Depression (5 people, 6.94%)
- Ill-defined disorder (5 people, 6.94%)
- Menopause (5 people, 6.94%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (5 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoclopramide (20 people, 27.78%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 27.78%)
- Prevacid (14 people, 19.44%)
- Nexium (12 people, 16.67%)
- Lorazepam (12 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dystonia while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Dystonia
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Dystonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Adderall Xr 20, Bystolic, Azor)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
- I take adelat and mavik and wonder why i would be taking 2 high blood meds i am 70 and pretty healthy. had / very small strokes about 4 years ago
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Had High Blood Pressure And High Cholesterol But Neither Extremely High, and takes Lipitor, Adalat, Mavik)
I had 2 very small strokes no after effects, and higher blood pressure and cholesterol but now a in control and wonder about all these drugs I take over a long period of time.
More questions for: Lipitor, Dystonia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Motor Neurone Disease, and takes Lipitor)
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, Dystonia
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Hydrocortone for a patient with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. The patient has Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable
Comments: Coincided with diagnosis of Idiopathic Peripheral and Autonomic Neuropathy. Recent EMG/NCS showed progression of disease and inclusion of motor neurons (new symptom). CPAP has occasionally (1-2 nights per month) shown episodes of Periodic Breathing (Shy-Drager Syndrome). Is this likely caused by H ...
- A study of drug interactions between Myrbetriq, Pradaxa, Mirtazapine, Lipitor, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Calcium, Namenda Xr, Exelon for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Depression - Elderly, Lower Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis And Aging, Senile Dementia. The patient has Confusional State
Comments: My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout. The patient has Toe Swelling, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Comments: Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
More related studies for: Lipitor, Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.