Home > Lipitor > Fainting > Lipitor and Fainting
Review: could Lipitor cause Fainting?
Summary: Fainting is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 129,823 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,633 have Fainting. Find out below who they are, when they have Fainting and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Fainting >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,712 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone) (latest reports from 319,224 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 1,632 people (1.26%) have Fainting.
Time on Lipitor when people have Fainting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fainting when taking Lipitor * :
Age of people who have Fainting when taking Lipitor * :
Severity of Fainting when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fainting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (168 people, 10.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (113 people, 6.92%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (107 people, 6.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (73 people, 4.47%)
- Pain (65 people, 3.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (633 people, 38.79%)
- Lasix (275 people, 16.85%)
- Coumadin (249 people, 15.26%)
- Plavix (246 people, 15.07%)
- Lisinopril (222 people, 13.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fainting while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Fainting
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Fainting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months.
Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Adderall Xr 20, Bystolic, Azor)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
More questions for: Lipitor, Fainting
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Motor Neurone Disease, and takes Lipitor)
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Albuterol Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Carisoprodol, Topamax, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Singulair, Advair Hfa, Proventil, Coumadin, Glimepiride, Lipitor, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoarthrosis, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bursitis, Asthmatic Crisis, Major Depressive Disorder, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Frequent Headaches, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I have an non-typical pulmonary stenosis, MPA aneurysm directly above that valve. The left ventricle was also enlarged due to the stress of my third & final pregnancy put on my heart.
On March 1st (this year) I went to the ER as none of my asthma treatment weren't working. After several tests a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pristiq, Ibuprofen, Dietary Fiber, Valium, Lidoderm, Voltaren, Levothyroxine Sodium, Wellbutrin Xl, Aldactone, Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Dilaudid, Fentanyl-100 for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Depression But I'm Afraid To Take It I'm Nervous Bc I'm Not Taking Any Antidepressants Right Now And Psychiatrist Is Hard To Get In Touch With., Inflammation, Constipation, Anxiety And Stress, Pain, Graves Disease Burnout, Depression And Anxiety And Panic Attacks, High Testosterone, High Blood Cholesterol, Factor V Leiden Mutation, Pain From 7 Herniations And Pinched Nerves. The patient has
Comments: Never a clot but newly prescribed medicine Pristiq and I have Factor V, Type 1 Diabetes, high cholesterol and use a fentanyl patch and these were all warnings on Pristiq. I take wellbutrin 300 and Zoloft and Prozac didn't work.
I see an endocrinologist, neurologist, family practice, pain manageme ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones, Paralysis, Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness, Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral, Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head, Fatigue - Chronic, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Cramps - Muscle, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles
Comments: I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Estropipate, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Primary Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Surgically Induced Loss Of Estrogen (full Hysterectomy), Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: 1. Have taken Levoxyl sodium for 20 years.
2. Levothyroxine does not help hypothyroidism and causes odd symptoms (inability to stay awake, particularly in the afternoon; sleep paralysis; audio hallucinations while asleep, hair loss)
3. In November of 2012 diagnosed with high blood pressure fo ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hetrazan, Ranitidine, Lipitor, Percocet for a patient with Sleep Aid, Ulcer - Stomach, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain. The patient has Hives
Comments: I have just switched to taking trazadone from nortriptyline but this has not helped. I was also being prescribed cymbalta for my fibromyalgia and my doctor switched me to lirica but there was not any change in the severity of ongoing problems with hives. Since I have quit talking these medications t ...
More related studies for: Lipitor, Fainting
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.