Review: could Lipitor cause Fainting?
Summary: Fainting is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,632 have Fainting. Find out below who they are, when they have Fainting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Fainting >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,832 Fainting patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 1,632 people (1.26%) have Fainting.
Time on Lipitor when people have Fainting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fainting when taking Lipitor * :
Age of people who have Fainting when taking Lipitor * :
Severity of Fainting when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fainting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (168 people, 10.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (113 people, 6.92%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (107 people, 6.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (73 people, 4.47%)
- Pain (65 people, 3.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (633 people, 38.79%)
- Lasix (275 people, 16.85%)
- Coumadin (249 people, 15.26%)
- Plavix (246 people, 15.07%)
- Lisinopril (222 people, 13.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and fainting on
Do you have Fainting while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Fainting
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Fainting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.