Review: could Lipitor cause Fasciculations of muscle (Muscle twitching)?
Summary: Fasciculations of muscle is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,909 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 351 have Fasciculations of muscle. Find out below who they are, when they have Fasciculations of muscle and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Fasciculations of muscle >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,813 Lipitor users)
Fasciculations of muscle
Fasciculations of muscle (twitching of voluntary muscle of body) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 11,067 Fasciculations of muscle patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 129,898 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 351 people (0.27%) have Fasciculations Of Muscle.
Time on Lipitor when people have Fasciculations of muscle * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Fasciculations of muscle||4.44%||20.00%||8.89%||20.00%||11.11%||31.11%||4.44% |
Gender of people who have Fasciculations of muscle when taking Lipitor * :
|Fasciculations of muscle||44.26%||55.74% |
Age of people who have Fasciculations of muscle when taking Lipitor * :
|Fasciculations of muscle||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.22%||14.78%||30.24%||47.77% |
Severity of Fasciculations of muscle when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Fasciculations of muscle||27.27%||36.36%||27.27%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Fasciculations of muscle ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Fasciculations of muscle||14.29%||0.00%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (76 people, 21.65%)
- Depression (53 people, 15.10%)
- Hypertension (44 people, 12.54%)
- Multiple myeloma (44 people, 12.54%)
- Sleep disorder (29 people, 8.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (105 people, 29.91%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 27.07%)
- Neurontin (91 people, 25.93%)
- Coumadin (79 people, 22.51%)
- Zometa (75 people, 21.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fasciculations Of Muscle while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Fasciculations Of Muscle
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Fasciculations Of Muscle
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 58-year old man with Cholesterosis, Diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.