Home > Lipitor > Hair loss > Lipitor and Hair loss
Review: could Lipitor cause Hair loss?
We study 129,802 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,268 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Hair loss >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,700 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 1,268 people (0.98%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Lipitor when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||12.88%||18.94%||16.67%||23.48%||10.61%||12.88%||4.55% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Lipitor * :
|Hair loss||78.63%||21.37% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Lipitor * :
|Hair loss||0.20%||0.10%||0.00%||0.30%||2.51%||9.84%||20.88%||66.16% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||5.88%||47.06%||35.29%||11.76% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (302 people, 23.82%)
- Hypertension (118 people, 9.31%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (44 people, 3.47%)
- Depression (39 people, 3.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (36 people, 2.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (200 people, 15.77%)
- Synthroid (93 people, 7.33%)
- Atenolol (91 people, 7.18%)
- Norvasc (82 people, 6.47%)
- Toprol-xl (81 people, 6.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Lipitor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
I have had severe loss/thinning of hair over this last year, and it seems to be getting worse over the last 6 months. I lose an inordinate amount of hair whenever I brush, comb, or shampoo my hair.
From this study (11 months ago):
I have always head a thick head of hair and the alopecia started a few years ago.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lipitor, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Lipitor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lipitor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (6 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (8 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Stools Watery
- Rabbiteye Blueberry
- Swelling In The Abdomen