Home > Lipitor > High blood potassium level > Lipitor and High blood potassium level
Review: could Lipitor cause High blood potassium level (Hyperkalemia)?
We study 129,802 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 956 have High blood potassium level. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood potassium level and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have High blood potassium level >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,700 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
High blood potassium level
On Oct, 26, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 956 people (0.74%) have High Blood Potassium Level.
Time on Lipitor when people have High blood potassium level * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood potassium level||18.31%||22.54%||12.68%||18.31%||11.27%||15.49%||1.41% |
Gender of people who have High blood potassium level when taking Lipitor * :
|High blood potassium level||50.64%||49.36% |
Age of people who have High blood potassium level when taking Lipitor * :
|High blood potassium level||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.95%||1.07%||9.03%||15.44%||73.52% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (114 people, 11.92%)
- Diabetes mellitus (63 people, 6.59%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (51 people, 5.33%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (47 people, 4.92%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 4.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (332 people, 34.73%)
- Lasix (267 people, 27.93%)
- Digoxin (146 people, 15.27%)
- Coumadin (143 people, 14.96%)
- Lisinopril (133 people, 13.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Potassium Level while taking Lipitor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have High Blood Potassium Level
- support group for people who take Lipitor
Comments from related studies:
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lipitor, High blood potassium level
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, High blood potassium level
On eHealthMe, Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Lipitor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lipitor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (20 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (36 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Quit Smoking
- Alpha Lipoic Acid Extract
- Kidney Absent