Review: could Lipitor cause Knee pain?
Summary: Knee pain is reported only by a few people who take Lipitor.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Knee pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Knee pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Knee pain >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Knee pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, insomnia. (latest reports from 495 Knee pain patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 129,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 5 people (0.00%) have Knee Pain.
Time on Lipitor when people have Knee pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Knee pain||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Knee pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Knee pain||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Knee pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Knee pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Knee pain when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Knee pain||0.00%||80.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Knee pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Knee pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Heart mri (1 people, 20.00%)
- Myasthenia gravis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Hypercholesterolemia (1 people, 20.00%)
- Posterior spinal fusion (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gabapentin (1 people, 20.00%)
- Cellcept (1 people, 20.00%)
- Coreg (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lyrica (1 people, 20.00%)
- Mestinon (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and knee pain on
Do you have Knee Pain while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Knee Pain
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Knee Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Knee Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Paralysis, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Tendon Pain, Gerd, Vision Impairment, Coronary Artery Spasm, Neuropathy
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.