Review: could Lipitor cause Leg pain?
Summary: Leg pain is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Baby aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Leg pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Leg pain >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Leg pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,087 Leg pain patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 10 people (0.01%) have Leg Pain.
Time on Lipitor when people have Leg pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg pain||0.00%||10.00%||20.00%||20.00%||10.00%||10.00%||30.00% |
Gender of people who have Leg pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Leg pain||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Leg pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||70.00% |
Severity of Leg pain when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg pain||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Leg pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg pain||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood cholesterol (5 people, 50.00%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 30.00%)
- Gerd (2 people, 20.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes (2 people, 20.00%)
- Bone and joint pain (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baby aspirin (1 people, 10.00%)
- Plavix (1 people, 10.00%)
- Hyzaar (1 people, 10.00%)
- Prilosec otc (1 people, 10.00%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and leg pain on
Do you have Leg Pain while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Leg Pain
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Leg Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Ceftin for a 34-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Leg Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.