Home > Lipitor > Leg pain > Lipitor and Leg pain
Review: could Lipitor cause Leg pain?
We study 129,802 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Leg pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg pain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Leg pain >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,700 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Leg pain (latest reports from 2,963 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Leg Pain.
Time on Lipitor when people have Leg pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg pain||0.00%||11.11%||22.22%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||22.22% |
Gender of people who have Leg pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Leg pain||55.56%||44.44% |
Age of people who have Leg pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||11.11%||66.67% |
Severity of Leg pain when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg pain||0.00%||44.44%||55.56%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Leg pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg pain||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood cholesterol (5 people, 55.56%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 33.33%)
- Type 2 diabetes (2 people, 22.22%)
- Arrhythmia (1 people, 11.11%)
- Neuropathy (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoprolol tartrate (1 people, 11.11%)
- Prilosec otc (1 people, 11.11%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 11.11%)
- Neurontin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Calcium (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leg Pain while taking Lipitor?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Leg Pain
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Leg Pain
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Did anyone have flu like symptoms and body aches along with leg (calf muscle) pain while on chantix, if so did you stop taking it?
Morning after eating and I take the pill, with in 20 mins I feel so sick, don't vomit,just feel so sick and my legs hurt so bad and I just get so tired and sleepy I can't hardly do anything for a few hours. Same thing in the evenings....I have a 4 hour window of actually feeling good per day. Oh and ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
- I take adelat and mavik and wonder why i would be taking 2 high blood meds i am 70 and pretty healthy. had / very small strokes about 4 years ago
I had 2 very small strokes no after effects, and higher blood pressure and cholesterol but now a in control and wonder about all these drugs I take over a long period of time.
- Is it normal to have rebound effects from atenolol
Have been on atenolol for 25 years started to get low heart rate and low systalic and diastolic reading, my doctor avised me to stop. that was a week ago, since then my bp has been fine, but occasionally get sob with mild exertion, some fatigue and mild sweating upon exertion,,, anyone else with si ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- How do xarelto and potassium interact?
I have to take Xarelto for my atrial filrillation, but I also have leg cramps at night. Do the 2 drugs (Xarelto and piotassium) have any bad effect on each other?
- Can metoprolyl and atorvastatin cause dementia
My dad had a heart attack at age 84 and was put on Metoprolol and Atorvastatin following his heart attack. We started noticing a decline in his cognitive functioning, memory, and speech after his heart attack. He was diagnosed with Alzeihmer's Disorder last year at age 87, however, the Dr. said he p ...
More questions for: Lipitor, Leg pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- Nausea with felodipine
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
- Leg cramps pain from blood pressure drugs & statin drugs
Had leg pain, cramps, itching rash lower legs & knees for three years!!! Stopped all drugs & been on losartan for two months.. Leg cramps pain have not stopped but not as bad. I was passing out from pain of legs when walking 1/2 block to my car when taking Lisinopril. That drug is horrible! What bl ...
- Mood altered when taking lipitor
I was recently prescribed Lipitor and Plavix, so I don't know which one is causing my uncharacteristic melancholy and irritability. I was quite surprised when I did some research and discovered that others, particularly in my age group, experienced alterations in mood. I find myself feeling sad and ...
- Bladder cancer and lipitor
Started taking Lipitor in 2005 and diagnosed with stage 3 bladder cancer in August 2010. Had chemo in July and August 2011 and bladder removed in October 2011. So far no reoccurrence. Stopped Lipitor immediately on diagnosis
More reviews for: Lipitor, Leg pain
On eHealthMe, Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Lipitor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lipitor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Knee Pain, Leg Cramps, Loss Of Memory, Leg Cramping
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Warfarin Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Mavik, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Fioricet, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ativan for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Nerve Injury, Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction. The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Leg Pain, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Calcium, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lipitor for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Osteopenia, Neuropathy, Bone And Joint Pain, Arrhythmia, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fatigue, Low Back Pain, Muscle Weakness, Leg Pain, Intranasal Numbness, Bone Pain
More related studies for: Lipitor, Leg pain
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zocor, Lipitor for a 68-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Lipitor, Vytorin for a 61-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Simvastatin for a 33-year old man who has Hypolipidaemia
- Comparions of Synthroid, Atenolol, Lipitor, Plavix for a 82-year old woman who has TIA
- Comparions of Norvasc, Cardizem, Lipitor for a 85-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Livalo, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 77-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Lipitor, Crestor for a 63-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Fenofibrate for a 73-year old woman who has Hypertriglyceridaemia
- Comparions of Perindopril Erbumine, Atorvastatin Calcium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 67-year old man who has Blood Pressure - Aging Changes
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Lipitor for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
More related comparison studies for: Lipitor, Leg pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.