Lipitor and Meibomian gland lipogranuloma - from FDA reports
Meibomian gland lipogranuloma is reported only by a few people who take Lipitor. We study 175,191 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Meibomian gland lipogranuloma. Find out below who they are, when they have Meibomian gland lipogranuloma and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 181,277 users)
Meibomian Gland Lipogranuloma
Meibomian gland lipogranuloma (a cyst in the eyelid that is caused by inflammation) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 291 Meibomian gland lipogranuloma patients).
On Feb, 20, 2017
175,191 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 4 people (0.0%) have Meibomian Gland Lipogranuloma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Meibomian Gland Lipogranuloma when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Meibomian Gland Lipogranuloma when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Erection Problems (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lupus Nephritis (1 person, 25.00%)
- Insomnia (1 person, 25.00%)
- Hyperuricaemia (1 person, 25.00%)
- Constipation (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Viagra (2 people, 50.00%)
- Norvasc (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Captopril (2 people, 50.00%)
- Alphagan (2 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vitreous Haemorrhage (2 people, 50.00%)
- Retinal Scar (2 people, 50.00%)
- Optic Atrophy (2 people, 50.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 50.00%)
- Eye Pain (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Meibomian gland lipogranuloma when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is meibomian gland lipogranuloma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Meibomian gland lipogranulomaMeibomian gland lipogranuloma
Could your condition cause Meibomian gland lipogranulomaMeibomian gland lipogranuloma
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I am experiencing fatigue, muscle cramps, and muscle and joint pain. I have read that others have experienced the same as a result of taking these medications together. Anybody else have a similar experience?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been on 40 for about 3 yrs now on 20 for 2 yrs. Came down with bilateral DVT 3 weeks ago no on Eliquis 5 mg bid. How long would I need to take meds....Did anyone have other diagnosis of prostate ca?
I started taking Lipitor about 7 years ago, maybe around 2008. About 4 years ago or so, I switched to the generic, Atavorstatin. I believe I have contracted several side effects caused by these drugs including insomnia, depression and negative/dark dreams. I don't recall having these issues ...