Home > Lipitor > Meniere's disease > Lipitor and Meniere's disease
Review: could Lipitor cause Meniere's disease?
Summary: Meniere's disease is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 129,823 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Meniere's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Meniere's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Meniere's disease >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,712 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Meniere's disease (a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance to a varying degree) (latest reports from 5,792 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 45 people (0.03%) have Meniere's Disease.
Time on Lipitor when people have Meniere's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Meniere's disease||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Meniere's disease when taking Lipitor * :
|Meniere's disease||51.06%||48.94% |
Age of people who have Meniere's disease when taking Lipitor * :
|Meniere's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||25.00%||65.00% |
Severity of Meniere's disease when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Meniere's disease||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Meniere's disease ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Meniere's disease||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 22.22%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (4 people, 8.89%)
- Blood pressure (4 people, 8.89%)
- Coronary artery occlusion (4 people, 8.89%)
- High density lipoprotein (4 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (12 people, 26.67%)
- Lisinopril (9 people, 20.00%)
- Vioxx (7 people, 15.56%)
- Vitamins (6 people, 13.33%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Meniere's Disease while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Meniere's Disease
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Meniere's Disease
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can acyclovir cause shortness of breath?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, and takes Acyclovir)
I have tried acyclovir and valtrex 3x now with the same feeling or shortness of breath, My peak flow and sats are fine. I have asthma and allergies
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Adderall Xr 20, Bystolic, Azor)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
More questions for: Lipitor, Meniere's disease
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Motor Neurone Disease, and takes Lipitor)
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
More reviews for: Lipitor, Meniere's disease
- A study of side effects of Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Heart Attack. The patient has Bloody Sputum (blood in sputum)
Comments: my father is using atorvastatin for more than 4 years, now he has blood in sputum.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Lovaza for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Comments: Stopped taking Lovaza and now the irregular heart beats are not present
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Arava for a patient with Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
Comments: Also take Aspirin 81 mg daily
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: bilateral pulmonary embolism indicated hypercoaguable state. warfarin therapy will be life long
- A study of side effects of Lipitor for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Chronic Pancreatitis (long lasting infection of pancreas), Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: Blurred vision, muscular skeletal problems, weakness, diarrhea, severe allergic reactions
More related studies for: Lipitor, Meniere's disease
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.