Review: could Lipitor cause Meniere's disease?
Summary: Meniere's disease is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Meniere's disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Meniere's disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Meniere's disease >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Meniere's disease (a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance to a varying degree) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 1,434 Meniere's disease patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 45 people (0.03%) have Meniere's Disease.
Time on Lipitor when people have Meniere's disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Meniere's disease||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Meniere's disease when taking Lipitor * :
|Meniere's disease||51.06%||48.94% |
Age of people who have Meniere's disease when taking Lipitor * :
|Meniere's disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||25.00%||65.00% |
Severity of Meniere's disease when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Meniere's disease||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Meniere's disease ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Meniere's disease||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 22.22%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (4 people, 8.89%)
- Coronary artery occlusion (4 people, 8.89%)
- High density lipoprotein (4 people, 8.89%)
- Glaucoma (3 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (12 people, 26.67%)
- Lisinopril (9 people, 20.00%)
- Vioxx (7 people, 15.56%)
- Vitamins (6 people, 13.33%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and meniere's disease on
Do you have Meniere's Disease while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Meniere's Disease
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Meniere's Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.