Lipitor and Migraine - from FDA reports
Migraine is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Migraine with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 712 people (0.38%) have Migraine
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Migraine *:
- < 1 month: 28.26 %
- 1 - 6 months: 34.78 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.87 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.52 %
- 2 - 5 years: 6.52 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.87 %
- 10+ years: 2.17 %
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 77.54 %
- male: 22.46 %
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.37 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.69 %
- 30-39: 6.27 %
- 40-49: 23.06 %
- 50-59: 29.34 %
- 60+: 37.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (53 people, 7.44%)
- Depression (53 people, 7.44%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (37 people, 5.20%)
- Osteoporosis (34 people, 4.78%)
- Preventive Health Care (33 people, 4.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (102 people, 14.33%)
- Nexium (93 people, 13.06%)
- Xanax (85 people, 11.94%)
- Synthroid (75 people, 10.53%)
- Prilosec (75 people, 10.53%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (203 people, 28.51%)
- Pain (166 people, 23.31%)
- Back Pain (159 people, 22.33%)
- Stress And Anxiety (149 people, 20.93%)
- Chest Pain (140 people, 19.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Migraine when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is migraine caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMigraine and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMigraine and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Migraine (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, migraine, birth control, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 88,450 Migraine patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MigraineMigraine
Could your condition cause MigraineMigraine
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
I have had headaches daily for the past 10 years and within the past 6 years they have gotten worse I have a migraine everyday! They tried Topomax which didn't work it made me lose excessive amounts of weight. The migraines rule my life. I don't have the option of not going to work so I battle ...
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...