Review: could Lipitor cause Muscle cramps?
Summary: Muscle cramps is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,909 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 776 have Muscle cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Muscle cramps >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,813 Lipitor users)
Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 10,830 Muscle cramps patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 776 people (0.60%) have Muscle Cramps.
Time on Lipitor when people have Muscle cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle cramps||5.65%||19.35%||16.94%||16.94%||28.23%||8.87%||4.03% |
Gender of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Lipitor * :
|Muscle cramps||59.49%||40.51% |
Age of people who have Muscle cramps when taking Lipitor * :
|Muscle cramps||0.00%||0.16%||0.00%||0.00%||4.75%||12.03%||20.89%||62.18% |
Severity of Muscle cramps when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle cramps||4.00%||48.00%||44.00%||4.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle cramps||14.29%||0.00%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (91 people, 11.73%)
- Osteoporosis (48 people, 6.19%)
- Ill-defined disorder (43 people, 5.54%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (34 people, 4.38%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 4.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (103 people, 13.27%)
- Norvasc (64 people, 8.25%)
- Prilosec (59 people, 7.60%)
- Forteo (58 people, 7.47%)
- Atenolol (55 people, 7.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and muscle cramps on
Do you have Muscle Cramps while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Muscle Cramps
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Muscle Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 58-year old man with Cholesterosis, Diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.