Review: could Lipitor cause Neck pain?
Summary: Neck pain is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,109 have Neck pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Neck pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Neck pain >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,828 Lipitor users)
Neck Pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 24,475 Neck Pain patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 129,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 1,109 people (0.85%) have Neck Pain.
Time on Lipitor when people have Neck pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neck pain||12.68%||20.42%||8.45%||9.15%||23.94%||14.79%||10.56% |
Gender of people who have Neck pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Neck pain||55.72%||44.28% |
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Lipitor * :
|Neck pain||0.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.33%||3.89%||15.89%||18.44%||61.33% |
Severity of Neck pain when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neck pain||5.88%||52.94%||41.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neck pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neck pain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (206 people, 18.58%)
- Hypertension (108 people, 9.74%)
- Pain (74 people, 6.67%)
- Osteoporosis (71 people, 6.40%)
- Multiple myeloma (60 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (289 people, 26.06%)
- Prilosec (181 people, 16.32%)
- Zometa (175 people, 15.78%)
- Fosamax (152 people, 13.71%)
- Lasix (149 people, 13.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and neck pain on
Do you have Neck Pain while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Neck Pain
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Neck Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Fluoxetine, Adderall 30 for a 27-year old woman with Panic Disorder, Narcolepsy. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Migraine, Pain - Neck, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Singulair for a 4-year old boy with Multiple Allergies. The patient has Neck Pain
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.