Lipitor and Neck pain - from FDA reports
Neck pain is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Neck pain with Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 185,636 people who have side effects when taking Lipitor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
185,636 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor.
Among them, 1,368 people (0.74%) have Neck pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Lipitor when people have Neck pain *:
- < 1 month: 13.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.28 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.19 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.38 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.99 %
- 10+ years: 11.19 %
Gender of people who have Neck pain when taking Lipitor *:
- female: 59.1 %
- male: 40.9 %
Age of people who have Neck pain when taking Lipitor *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.48 %
- 30-39: 3.72 %
- 40-49: 14.03 %
- 50-59: 19.66 %
- 60+: 61.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (102 people, 7.46%)
- Osteoporosis (100 people, 7.31%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (69 people, 5.04%)
- Multiple Myeloma (54 people, 3.95%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (51 people, 3.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (219 people, 16.01%)
- Prilosec (187 people, 13.67%)
- Zometa (179 people, 13.08%)
- Lasix (159 people, 11.62%)
- Fosamax (150 people, 10.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Back Pain (506 people, 36.99%)
- Pain In Extremity (393 people, 28.73%)
- Headache (378 people, 27.63%)
- Pain (375 people, 27.41%)
- Joint Pain (370 people, 27.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Neck pain when taking Lipitor?
- Check symptoms - is neck pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNeck pain and drugs with ingredients of atorvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNeck pain and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,114 users)
Neck pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 41,774 Neck pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Neck painNeck pain
Could your condition cause Neck painNeck pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have sacroiliac joint pain and need fusion. I need surgery on my cervical spine. I take 360mg t0 372mg per day. I want to know after taking the morphine for over 5 years does it cause permanent tissue damage? Thank you
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
User reviews to the study
Fibromuscular Dysplasia of right kidney artery discovered accidentally by a cat scan with dye in it when integrative dr was looking for a renin producing tumour after my BP kept going high. No tumour found, but FMD was discovered. I have been on 80mg of Lipitor for 10yrs due to high cholesterol. ...