Review: could Lipitor cause Photosensitivity reaction?
Summary: Photosensitivity reaction is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have High blood pressure.
We study 129,909 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Photosensitivity reaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Photosensitivity reaction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Photosensitivity reaction >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,813 Lipitor users)
Photosensitivity reaction has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 6,477 Photosensitivity reaction patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 129,898 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 168 people (0.13%) have Photosensitivity Reaction.
Time on Lipitor when people have Photosensitivity reaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Photosensitivity reaction||2.78%||0.00%||22.22%||8.33%||2.78%||61.11%||2.78% |
Gender of people who have Photosensitivity reaction when taking Lipitor * :
|Photosensitivity reaction||63.48%||36.52% |
Age of people who have Photosensitivity reaction when taking Lipitor * :
|Photosensitivity reaction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.73%||12.16%||37.84%||45.27% |
Severity of Photosensitivity reaction when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Photosensitivity reaction||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Photosensitivity reaction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Photosensitivity reaction||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (17 people, 10.12%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (16 people, 9.52%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (15 people, 8.93%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 7.74%)
- Blood cholesterol (8 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lansoprazole (29 people, 17.26%)
- Aspirin (29 people, 17.26%)
- Simvastatin (25 people, 14.88%)
- Synthroid (23 people, 13.69%)
- Evorel conti (22 people, 13.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and photosensitivity reaction on
Do you have Photosensitivity Reaction while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Photosensitivity Reaction
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Photosensitivity Reaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 58-year old man with Cholesterosis, Diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Omeprazole for a 69-year old man with Jet Lag, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Reflux Oesophagitis. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.