Review: could Lipitor cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Red face is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Niaspan, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 129,845 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,285 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Red face >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 132,739 users)
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.(latest reports from Red face 44,981 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 129,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 2,285 people (1.76%) have Red Face.
Time on Lipitor when people have Red face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red face||8.89%||62.22%||2.22%||6.67%||15.56%||4.44%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Red face when taking Lipitor * :
|Red face||31.41%||68.59% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Lipitor * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.14%||0.07%||0.42%||2.95%||12.22%||30.62%||53.58% |
Severity of Red face when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||0.00%||85.71%||0.00%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Red face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Red face||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (436 people, 19.08%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (392 people, 17.16%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (168 people, 7.35%)
- Hypertension (164 people, 7.18%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (135 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (1,551 people, 67.88%)
- Aspirin (1,108 people, 48.49%)
- Plavix (300 people, 13.13%)
- Lisinopril (227 people, 9.93%)
- Fish oil (175 people, 7.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Red Face
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Red Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic? (2 answers)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but progresses during day if working and wearing dress shoes(weekends much better). Eases quickly in evening with no shoes and only stocking feet but does no go away. Feeling is not so much numbness as it feels like sand under balls of feet, swelling (no real swelling) or bunched up sock. Again, no pain but very annoying. Dr (Neurologist or Family Dr) do not seem concerned.
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
More questions for: Lipitor, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
More reviews for: Lipitor, Red face
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My mother has overactive bladder symptoms. She has tried oxybutin, vesicare and now myrbetriq. She had increased confusion with oxybutin and vesicare...so we stopped taking them. Now she has been taking myrbetriq for a week now and I am wondering if I am seeing increased confusion again even thou ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- I have copd and also take symbicort and spireva for the copd. I am on Metropolol
and isosorbide and was prescribed 80 mg Lipitor daily. The stiff hear was diagnosed after the Lipitor was prescribed.
- Just began Cholestyramine Pack on 10/01/2015 for chronic diahrrea which, after several months and many tests, can not be diagnosed! After approx.2 weeks on this medication, began losing considerable amounts of hair every time I shampooed, brushed or even gently combed. After one week, there is a n ...
More related studies for: Lipitor, Red face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.