Home > Lipitor > Red face > Lipitor and Red face
Review: could Lipitor cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
Summary: Red face is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Niaspan, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 129,823 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,285 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lipitor and have Red face >>>
Lipitor (latest outcomes from 132,712 users) has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) (latest reports from 377,634 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 129,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 2,285 people (1.76%) have Red Face.
Time on Lipitor when people have Red face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red face||8.89%||62.22%||2.22%||6.67%||15.56%||4.44%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Red face when taking Lipitor * :
|Red face||31.41%||68.59% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Lipitor * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.14%||0.07%||0.42%||2.95%||12.22%||30.62%||53.58% |
Severity of Red face when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||0.00%||85.71%||0.00%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Red face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Red face||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (436 people, 19.08%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (392 people, 17.16%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (168 people, 7.35%)
- Hypertension (164 people, 7.18%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (135 people, 5.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (1,551 people, 67.88%)
- Aspirin (1,108 people, 48.49%)
- Plavix (300 people, 13.13%)
- Lisinopril (227 people, 9.93%)
- Fish oil (175 people, 7.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Red Face
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Red Face
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do you have severe headache with cordarone?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Nausea, Skin Blushing/flushing, Migraine Without Aura, and takes Cordarone)
The left side of my head and eye have head-splitting pain. Nausea from the headche. Left jaw toothache. Left shoulder houlder feels like it has a toothache.These are very mild, but the headache is severe. Supradol and/or Valium help
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Laryngitis from depression?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Diabetic, Heart Attack, Hardly Any Voice For 8wks. Long History Of Depression. , and takes Lipitor, Metformin, Insulin, Prozac)
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- What causes ideopathic polyneurothopy if not diabetic?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Numbness And Tingling, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Adderall Xr 20, Bystolic, Azor)
Numbness in ball of foot. Started on one right side and progressed to both. EMG indicated Ideopathic Polyneurothopy. Pre diabetic with A1C of 5.8 - only one reading ever exceeded diabetic criteria at 6.6. Started 6 months ago with slow progression. No pain, minor tingling. Not constant but pro ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
More questions for: Lipitor, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Gout, High Collestoral, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years ( ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Motor neuron and periphal neurophy
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Motor Neurone Disease, and takes Lipitor)
Took Lipitor for 5years ,3 years later have periphal neurophy plus motor neuron disease. Now totally incompasitated..
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Lipitor, Red face
- A study of side effects of Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Heart Attack. The patient has Bloody Sputum (blood in sputum)
Comments: my father is using atorvastatin for more than 4 years, now he has blood in sputum.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Lovaza for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
Comments: Stopped taking Lovaza and now the irregular heart beats are not present
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Arava for a patient with Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
Comments: Also take Aspirin 81 mg daily
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)
Comments: High blood pressure
- A study of side effects of Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)
Comments: Have been taking this drug for 5 years to treat high blood pressure have got flushing in the face and neck when on feet to much and then sit down.
More related studies for: Lipitor, Red face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.