Review: could Lipitor cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 129,909 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,154 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Renal failure acute >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,813 Lipitor users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 60,811 Renal failure acute patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 2,154 people (1.66%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Lipitor when people have Renal failure acute * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure acute||15.95%||20.62%||8.56%||18.29%||21.40%||10.89%||4.28% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Lipitor * :
|Renal failure acute||47.94%||52.06% |
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Lipitor * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||0.15%||0.85%||1.45%||10.52%||17.03%||69.99% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Lipitor ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (273 people, 12.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (208 people, 9.66%)
- Diabetes mellitus (136 people, 6.31%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (125 people, 5.80%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (110 people, 5.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (705 people, 32.73%)
- Lasix (544 people, 25.26%)
- Lisinopril (332 people, 15.41%)
- Coumadin (299 people, 13.88%)
- Digoxin (271 people, 12.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lipitor and renal failure acute on
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Niacin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man with Avascular Necrosis, Blood Erythropoietin Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased, Blood Clot - Lung. The patient has Rash On Chest And Back
- A study of drug interactions between Mirtazapine, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Warfarin Sodium, Vicodin, Lipitor for a 61-year old man with Depression, Biopsy Prostate, Anxiety, Afib, Sleep Disorder, Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Zoloft, Atenolol, Lisinopril for a 54-year old man with Total Cholesterol, Depression, Beating Heart Surgery, Hbp. The patient has Hot Flush
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.