Review: could Lipitor cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,154 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Renal failure acute >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 60,811 Renal failure acute patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 2,154 people (1.66%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Lipitor when people have Renal failure acute * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure acute||15.95%||20.62%||8.56%||18.29%||21.40%||10.89%||4.28% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Lipitor * :
|Renal failure acute||47.94%||52.06% |
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Lipitor * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||0.15%||0.85%||1.45%||10.52%||17.03%||69.99% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Lipitor ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (273 people, 12.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (208 people, 9.66%)
- Diabetes mellitus (136 people, 6.31%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (125 people, 5.80%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (110 people, 5.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (705 people, 32.73%)
- Lasix (544 people, 25.26%)
- Lisinopril (332 people, 15.41%)
- Coumadin (299 people, 13.88%)
- Digoxin (271 people, 12.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and renal failure acute on
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Sulfasalazine, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 54-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Ankylosing Spondylitis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Ever Since I've Been Taking Atorvastatin I Have Panic Attacks
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardizem, Lisinopril, Lexapro, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a 72-year old woman with Cardiac Disorder, Chronic Depression, Neuropathy. The patient has Fluid Retention, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Ranexa for a 74-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Angina, Hypothyroidism, Antiplatelet Therapy, Angina - Chronic. The patient has Angina
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Crestor, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.