Review: could Lipitor cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 374 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless leg syndrome patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 129,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 374 people (0.29%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Lipitor when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||3.03%||27.27%||9.09%||16.67%||9.09%||30.30%||4.55% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Lipitor * :
|Restless leg syndrome||67.03%||32.97% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Lipitor * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.67%||1.34%||17.45%||37.58%||42.95% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||38.46%||38.46%||23.08% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (61 people, 16.31%)
- Depression (56 people, 14.97%)
- Arthritis (37 people, 9.89%)
- Restless legs syndrome (36 people, 9.63%)
- Hypertension (32 people, 8.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (79 people, 21.12%)
- Lasix (69 people, 18.45%)
- Neurontin (69 people, 18.45%)
- Nexium (67 people, 17.91%)
- Prilosec (62 people, 16.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and restless leg syndrome on
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.