Review: could Lipitor cause Sudden death (Death)?
Summary: Sudden death is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,390 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Sudden death >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Sudden death (latest reports from 177,491 Sudden death patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 3,390 people (2.61%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Lipitor when people have Sudden death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sudden death||16.67%||13.89%||12.04%||18.52%||16.67%||11.11%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Lipitor * :
|Sudden death||42.14%||57.86% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Lipitor * :
|Sudden death||0.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.17%||1.12%||5.74%||16.06%||76.80% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (384 people, 11.33%)
- Hypertension (210 people, 6.19%)
- Hypertriglyceridaemia (123 people, 3.63%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (102 people, 3.01%)
- Multiple myeloma (97 people, 2.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (494 people, 14.57%)
- Lasix (427 people, 12.60%)
- Norvasc (293 people, 8.64%)
- Trasylol (289 people, 8.53%)
- Lisinopril (276 people, 8.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and sudden death on
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Cardizem, Lisinopril, Lexapro, Lipitor, Gabapentin for a 72-year old woman with Cardiac Disorder, Chronic Depression, Neuropathy. The patient has Fluid Retention, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Ranexa for a 74-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Angina, Hypothyroidism, Antiplatelet Therapy, Angina - Chronic. The patient has Angina
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Crestor, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.