Review: could Lipitor cause Systemic lupus erythematosus?
Summary: Systemic lupus erythematosus is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Protonix, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 166 have Systemic lupus erythematosus. Find out below who they are, when they have Systemic lupus erythematosus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Systemic lupus erythematosus >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Systemic lupus erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 13,111 Systemic lupus erythematosus patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 166 people (0.13%) have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
Time on Lipitor when people have Systemic lupus erythematosus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||8.70%||17.39%||13.04%||34.78%||4.35%||21.74%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Lipitor * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||82.53%||17.47% |
Age of people who have Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Lipitor * :
|Systemic lupus erythematosus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.48%||13.33%||20.74%||28.89%||35.56% |
Severity of Systemic lupus erythematosus when taking Lipitor ** :
How people recovered from Systemic lupus erythematosus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (17 people, 10.24%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 9.64%)
- Renal transplant (10 people, 6.02%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (9 people, 5.42%)
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 4.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (24 people, 14.46%)
- Aspirin (20 people, 12.05%)
- Norvasc (19 people, 11.45%)
- Synthroid (18 people, 10.84%)
- Atenolol (17 people, 10.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and systemic lupus erythematosus on
Do you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lipitor for a 63-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Arteriosclerosis. The patient has Mucosal Discolouration, Fatigue, Cough Aggravated, Neuropathic Pain, Neck Pain, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.