Review: could Lipitor cause Trigeminal neuralgia?
Summary: Trigeminal neuralgia is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zocor, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Trigeminal neuralgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Trigeminal neuralgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Trigeminal neuralgia >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,828 Lipitor users)
Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, osteopenia. (latest reports from 4,182 Trigeminal Neuralgia patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 46 people (0.04%) have Trigeminal Neuralgia.
Time on Lipitor when people have Trigeminal neuralgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Trigeminal neuralgia||0.00%||22.22%||22.22%||0.00%||33.33%||22.22%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Lipitor * :
|Trigeminal neuralgia||68.09%||31.91% |
Age of people who have Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Lipitor * :
|Trigeminal neuralgia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.44%||42.22%||53.33% |
Severity of Trigeminal neuralgia when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Trigeminal neuralgia||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Trigeminal neuralgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Trigeminal neuralgia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (17 people, 36.96%)
- Trigeminal neuralgia (7 people, 15.22%)
- Multiple sclerosis (6 people, 13.04%)
- Sinusitis (6 people, 13.04%)
- Osteopenia (5 people, 10.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zocor (20 people, 43.48%)
- Neurontin (17 people, 36.96%)
- Tegretol (9 people, 19.57%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 17.39%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 17.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Trigeminal Neuralgia while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Trigeminal Neuralgia
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Trigeminal Neuralgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.