Review: could Lipitor cause Vaginal yeast infection?
Summary: Vaginal yeast infection is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Glucotrol xl, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Vaginal yeast infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Vaginal yeast infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Vaginal yeast infection >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,828 Lipitor users)
Vaginal yeast infection
Vaginal yeast infection has been reported by people with depression, birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 1,336 Vaginal yeast infection patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 129,920 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 27 people (0.02%) have Vaginal Yeast Infection.
Time on Lipitor when people have Vaginal yeast infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vaginal yeast infection||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Lipitor * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal yeast infection when taking Lipitor * :
|Vaginal yeast infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||30.00%||15.00%||35.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Vaginal yeast infection when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vaginal yeast infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vaginal yeast infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 7.41%)
- Menopausal symptoms (1 people, 3.70%)
- Staphylococcal infection (1 people, 3.70%)
- Lipids increased (1 people, 3.70%)
- High blood cholesterol (1 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glucotrol xl (6 people, 22.22%)
- Rezulin (6 people, 22.22%)
- Zoloft (6 people, 22.22%)
- Zestril (6 people, 22.22%)
- Estrace (5 people, 18.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and vaginal yeast infection on
Do you have Vaginal Yeast Infection while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Vaginal Yeast Infection
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Vaginal Yeast Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Atenolol, Levothyroxine Sodium, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel, Ranexa for a 74-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Angina, Hypothyroidism, Antiplatelet Therapy, Angina - Chronic. The patient has Angina
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z for a 65-year old man with Lower Cholesterol, Glaucoma. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Brilinta, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Ramipril for a 66-year old woman with Hiatus Hernia, Heart Attack. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Tadalafil, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Ramipril for a 56-year old man who has Pain In Limb
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.