Review: could Lipitor cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Lipitor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 129,920 people who have side effects while taking Lipitor from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,074 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lipitor and have Weight gain >>>
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 132,822 Lipitor users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 129,909 people reported to have side effects when taking Lipitor. Among them, 3,074 people (2.37%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Lipitor when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||9.92%||21.07%||10.74%||14.05%||18.60%||14.05%||11.57% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Lipitor * :
|Weight gain||64.82%||35.18% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Lipitor * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.04%||0.19%||0.64%||4.35%||13.21%||29.41%||52.16% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Lipitor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||2.78%||41.67%||52.78%||2.78% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (580 people, 18.87%)
- Hypertension (308 people, 10.02%)
- Depression (216 people, 7.03%)
- Diabetes mellitus (183 people, 5.95%)
- Pain (142 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (658 people, 21.41%)
- Lasix (426 people, 13.86%)
- Avandia (413 people, 13.44%)
- Lisinopril (310 people, 10.08%)
- Neurontin (303 people, 9.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lipitor and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Lipitor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lipitor and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Lipitor
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Lipitor related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Topiramate, Lipitor, Lamictal for a 33-year old man who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Lovastatin for a 53-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Escitalopram for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.