Review: could Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,600 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 190 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Cough >>>
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 5,070 Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,693 Cough patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 4,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 190 people (4.13%) have Cough.
Time on Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
Severity of Cough when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (89 people, 46.84%)
- Fluid retention (30 people, 15.79%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 4.74%)
- Depression (7 people, 3.68%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (5 people, 2.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 10.00%)
- Lipitor (13 people, 6.84%)
- Valtrex (10 people, 5.26%)
- Prilosec (10 people, 5.26%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 4.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and cough on
Do you have Cough while taking Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Cough
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 57-year old woman with Cough. The patient has Cough Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
Recent Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.