Review: could Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide cause Muscle spasm (Muscle Spasms)?
Summary: Muscle spasm is found among people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,609 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 90 have Muscle spasm. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasm and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Muscle spasm >>>
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 5,073 Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide users)
Muscle spasm (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,976 Muscle spasm patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 4,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 90 people (1.96%) have Muscle Spasm.
Time on Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide when people have Muscle spasm * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasm||30.77%||30.77%||7.69%||7.69%||15.38%||0.00%||7.69% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasm when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Muscle spasm||70.41%||29.59% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasm when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Muscle spasm||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.20%||4.82%||16.87%||22.89%||54.22% |
Severity of Muscle spasm when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasm||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasm ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasm||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (36 people, 40.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (15 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (10 people, 11.11%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer stage iv (9 people, 10.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 7.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (17 people, 18.89%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (16 people, 17.78%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 16.67%)
- Crestor (13 people, 14.44%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 14.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Spasm while taking Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Muscle Spasm
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Flonase, Singulair, Protonix, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 61-year old woman with Diabetes, Allergic Sinusitis, Acid Reflux, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has White Blood Cells Urine
- A study of drug interactions between Nasonex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Nexium, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Centrum, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Gemfibrozil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Alprazolam for a 46-year old man with Allergies, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Acid Reflux, Headache, Pain, Vitamin D, Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Depression, General Pain And Fatigue, Catecholamines, Accessory Spleen, Left Ear Infections - Four Surgeries, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Glipizide, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor for a 71-year old man with Prosthesis, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Bumetanide, Ferrous Fumarate, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 45-year old woman with Fluid Retention, Anemia, Fibromyalgia, Autoimmune Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting, Acne Steroid-induced, Weakness, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Burning Sensation, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Exhaustion
Recent Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.