Review: could Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 4,600 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Pancreatitis >>>
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 5,070 Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 31,822 Pancreatitis patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 4,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 38 people (0.83%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 31.58%)
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 23.68%)
- Hypertension (7 people, 18.42%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (5 people, 13.16%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (11 people, 28.95%)
- Glucophage (7 people, 18.42%)
- Imodium (6 people, 15.79%)
- Aciphex (6 people, 15.79%)
- Phenergan hcl (6 people, 15.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and pancreatitis on
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 42-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dizziness Exertional
- A study of side effects of Aripiprazole for a 39-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Aggravated (inflammation of pancreas)
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
Recent Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.