Review: could Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
We study 4,568 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Pancreatitis >>>
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide 5,033 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Pancreatitis 31,685 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 4,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 37 people (0.81%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide ** :
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (12 people, 32.43%)
- Diabetes mellitus (9 people, 24.32%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 16.22%)
- Hepatic neoplasm malignant (5 people, 13.51%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (11 people, 29.73%)
- Glucophage (7 people, 18.92%)
- Imodium (6 people, 16.22%)
- Aciphex (6 people, 16.22%)
- Phenergan hcl (6 people, 16.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I feel cold all the time
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Feeling Cold, and takes Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
I feel cold all the time even when it is warm out.
- Is nyquil / alkaseltzer plus safe to take with parkinson's meds: azilect and mirapex er
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Cold Symptoms, and takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
What is safe to take with Parkinson's meds?? I am taking Azilect and Mirapex ER; along with high blood pressure meds; lisinopril and hydrochloride ; and anti-inflammatory Diclophenic . I want to know what cold/cough meds are safe to take without drug interactions.
- Mixing methamphatamine and lisinapril hydrocloathyaxide together is it dangetous
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Hand Tingling Numb, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride)
I feel really terrible shortness of breath blood pressure keeps dropping up and down my chest is very heavy and tight
- Could my 20 years of methadone use have any relationship to my current condition
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Pancreatitis, Neck Pain, and takes Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ondansetron)
Neck pain - radiates to right side of face, shoulder and right arm
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test (1 answer)
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who takes Suboxone, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Melatonin, Benadryl, Excedrin, Ranitidine)
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yesterday she said that Valium has been showing up in my system for the past several U/A (I take a test twice a month) which makes ZERO since because I haven't taken Valium in years...oddly enough, she also said in this last one there was a "barely detectable" opiate positive, which again, I've not had...My concern is the Valium, though...what could I be doing or taking that's causing that to show up on my test...thanks in advance :)
More questions for: Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Pancreatitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pancreatitis while taking rebetol
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Hep-C, Pancreatitis, and takes Peginterferon, Rebetol)
I got Chronic Pancreatitis from taking Rebetol brand capsels of Rivavirain and Interferon. Had the VA used a diferent brand of Rivavirain besides Rebetol I'd most likley would have never gotten the Pancreatitis...
- Teatical adnoma was told i had testicular cancer until doctor said i did not
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Testicle Lump, Testicular Pain, and takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
I was told by a Doctor that I had Testicula cancer and he set up surgery right away. I was preped and ready to go into the surgery room and I had to ask my surgen a quick question regarding the surgery he called it an orchietomy and I asked him so you are going to cut me open and remove the Tumor ? He said nonono you have cancer untill I tell you you do not and said he was going to (LOP) cut the testicaal off and get rid of the tumor. I went nuts and said no way not my testical no no no it is my cancer and I will not remove my Testical. He saw how up set I was and said you are not ready for this today mybe at the end of the week and let me off the table right then and there. No way I was going to have my balls cut off not now or ever. I will make this Quick my girlfriend was sick over my disision she know what was going to happen to me since she worked for a group of Urologest and went to one of her doctors and told him. Out of the goodness of his heart he agreed to put me under and take a biopcy of the Tumor and as I was under have some one run and I mean run it to the Lab and see what kind of cancer it was and Guess what it was an adnoma and he removed just the tumer and what ever margin was needed and YES I have my BALLS and am very happy so you see say all you want but there are some great Doctors in Las Vegas. But I just had to Try I would of never of handled my ball loped off no way. But found out that if it was cancer my girlfriend was going to sign the paper to have the Doctor do what he had to do. Butt they had me under. LOL But I am very attached to my balls and would never beable to make that disision. Thanks you all Had to share that. Would love to know if it was from somthing I did scary. Good Luck to all of you wit this bad scar.
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms (2 responses)
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolisms, and takes Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Fish Oil, Crestor, Glimepiride, Metformin)
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe although only when I was up and moving. On Oct 10th I was admitted to the hospital. I had a myriad of tests on my heart such as stress test, echocardiogram,sonograms on my neck and legs. All were clear. Blood test indicated clots(I guess) and a cat scan was done. Both of my lungs were covered in clots. Cat scan done of my stomach,intestines etc. Doctors could find no where of origin for the clots. I am convinced it was the Cymbalta. I was taken off Celebrex when I left the hospital. I have since been taken off glimepiride,fish oil. I currently only take Lisinopril and Hydrocholorthiazide, metformin,crestor AND COUMADIN. I am providing this information as I feel it is important to others like me.
More reviews for: Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Pancreatitis
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Numbness And Tingling. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
Comments: lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they are abut to fall out of my head. My face is red and skin is dry and itchy. Gaining weight and have lowered calories to 300 per day and increased water to one and a half gallons a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Niaspan, Lovaza, Metformin for a patient with Cortisol Level, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Stomach Upset
Comments: Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- A study of drug interactions between Bisacodyl, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Flunisolide, Alli, Potassium Chloride, Aspirin, Clonazepam, Buspirone Hcl, Simvastatin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Carvedilol, Multivitamin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone for a patient with Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Weight Control, Potassium - Low, Blood Clot - Lung, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension - Medication Related, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Increased, Health, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Chronic Depression, Knee Replacement - Total. The patient has Anger, Stress, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: 27 L knee operations, three massive L knee infections resulting in a third and final arthoplasty revision. Extensive soft tissue damage resulting in perminante subqutanious sutuers and locking full leg brace, also perminante.
Daily swelling in the knee joint (4 to 6 cm daily). Constant pain as we ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Climara Pro for a patient with Hypertension - Essential, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has High Blood Cholesterol
Comments: Have been on these medications for 12+ years. Have had high cholesterol levels. Doctor has had me on various statins but have severe muscle pain on them. Am concerned that the drugs I am taking are contributing to the high numbers for cholesterol. What would be the best solutions for lowering th ...
More related studies for: Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.