Review: could Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Pravastatin sodium, and have Hypertension.
We study 4,568 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Water retention >>>
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide 5,033 users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Water retention 17,802 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 4,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 10 people (0.22%) have Water Retention.
Time on Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Water retention||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||55.56%||33.33% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (1 people, 10.00%)
- Myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 10.00%)
- Hypertonic bladder (1 people, 10.00%)
- Asthma (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pravastatin sodium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Potassium chloride (3 people, 30.00%)
- Tekturna (3 people, 30.00%)
- Gleevec (2 people, 20.00%)
- Vitamin b-12 (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I feel cold all the time
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Feeling Cold, and takes Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
I feel cold all the time even when it is warm out.
- Is nyquil / alkaseltzer plus safe to take with parkinson's meds: azilect and mirapex er
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Cold Symptoms, and takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
What is safe to take with Parkinson's meds?? I am taking Azilect and Mirapex ER; along with high blood pressure meds; lisinopril and hydrochloride ; and anti-inflammatory Diclophenic . I want to know what cold/cough meds are safe to take without drug interactions.
- Mixing methamphatamine and lisinapril hydrocloathyaxide together is it dangetous
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Hand Tingling Numb, Shortness Of Breath, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride)
I feel really terrible shortness of breath blood pressure keeps dropping up and down my chest is very heavy and tight
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test (1 answer)
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who takes Suboxone, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Melatonin, Benadryl, Excedrin, Ranitidine)
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
- I stopped taking lyrica 3days ago after experiencing ankle swelling. ankles are still swollen. how long before swelling goes always
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Fluid Retention, and takes Ace)
Took Lyrica for 1 week. Noticed swelling in ankles so discontinued 3days ago. I take LASIK and an ACE for high blood pressure. Swelling is better but still there. How long before swelling goes away and is there anything I can do to help ie compression hose elevated feet?
More questions for: Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Water retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Teatical adnoma was told i had testicular cancer until doctor said i did not
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Testicle Lump, Testicular Pain, and takes Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide)
I was told by a Doctor that I had Testicula cancer and he set up surgery right away. I was preped and ready to go into the surgery room and I had to ask my surgen a quick question regarding the surgery he called it an orchietomy and I asked him so you are going to cut me open and remove the Tumor ? ...
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
(Posted by a 46 year old man who has Water Retention, and takes Pantoprazole)
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms (2 responses)
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolisms, and takes Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Fish Oil, Crestor, Glimepiride, Metformin)
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
More reviews for: Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Water retention
- A study of drug interactions between Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, Add, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pelvic Pain, Vomiting, Hot Flashes
Comments: Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved to mnthly and las two episodes were within 2 weeks of each other. Oct 12-13& oct31-nov 1. I believe pain to be mittleschmirtz the hot flashes and vomiting just started within the last year.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Numbness And Tingling. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
Comments: lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they are abut to fall out of my head. My face is red and skin is dry and itchy. Gaining weight and have lowered calories to 300 per day and increased water to one and a half gallons a day.
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood)
Comments: I thought i was having a bronchitis episode from my copd to i took amoxicillin and prednesone, a week later i wasnt getting better so went to my doc, turns out it was pneumonia, so he put me on levofloxacin a few days later i noticed major swelling in my legs and he fact they were turning super red, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Niaspan, Lovaza, Metformin for a patient with Cortisol Level, Hypothyroidism, Blood Pressure Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Stomach Upset
Comments: Was on Metformin (1000 mg per day), which was recently increased with a goal of 2000 mg per day (gradual increase). In the AM, I usually start with a cup of coffee, then breakfast, followed by more coffee (two cups per day). I take metformin immediately following meals. I fix up my coffee with or ...
- A study of drug interactions between Bisacodyl, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Flunisolide, Alli, Potassium Chloride, Aspirin, Clonazepam, Buspirone Hcl, Simvastatin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Carvedilol, Multivitamin, Zolpidem Tartrate, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone for a patient with Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Weight Control, Potassium - Low, Blood Clot - Lung, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension - Medication Related, Diabetes, Blood Pressure Increased, Health, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Chronic Depression, Knee Replacement - Total. The patient has Anger, Stress, Pain Exacerbated
Comments: 27 L knee operations, three massive L knee infections resulting in a third and final arthoplasty revision. Extensive soft tissue damage resulting in perminante subqutanious sutuers and locking full leg brace, also perminante.
Daily swelling in the knee joint (4 to 6 cm daily). Constant pain as we ...
More related studies for: Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, Water retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.