Review: could Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide cause Water retention (Fluid Retention)?
Summary: Water retention is found among people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Pravastatin sodium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 4,600 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Water retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Water retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Water retention >>>
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 5,070 Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide users)
Water retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 18,438 Water retention patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 4,600 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide. Among them, 10 people (0.22%) have Water Retention.
Time on Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide when people have Water retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Water retention||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide * :
|Water retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||55.56%||33.33% |
Severity of Water retention when taking Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide ** :
How people recovered from Water retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (1 people, 10.00%)
- Myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 10.00%)
- Hypertonic bladder (1 people, 10.00%)
- Asthma (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pravastatin sodium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Potassium chloride (3 people, 30.00%)
- Tekturna (3 people, 30.00%)
- Gleevec (2 people, 20.00%)
- Vitamin b-12 (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Water Retention while taking Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide and have Water Retention
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 56-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness)
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 57-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
Recent Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.