Review: could Lisinopril cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Erection problems.
We study 93,662 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 616 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril 99,129 users)
Erectile Dysfunction has been reported by people with erection problems, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.(latest reports from Erectile Dysfunction 30,109 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 93,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 616 people (0.66%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||4.24%||18.64%||14.41%||14.41%||20.34%||14.41%||13.56% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lisinopril * :
|Erectile dysfunction||3.23%||96.77% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Lisinopril * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.47%||5.86%||13.37%||36.81%||42.49% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||1.94%||33.01%||50.49%||14.56% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.12%||4.69%||92.19% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (136 people, 22.08%)
- Hypertension (100 people, 16.23%)
- Depression (79 people, 12.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (42 people, 6.82%)
- High blood pressure (40 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (165 people, 26.79%)
- Viagra (139 people, 22.56%)
- Levitra (126 people, 20.45%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (104 people, 16.88%)
- Zometa (87 people, 14.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can the drug cellcept be used to treat pityriasis rosea
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Pityriasis Rosea, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Cellcept)
Been diagnosed as Pityriasis Rosea. Dark patchy circles all over upper body and back. Condition has worsen, lasting over 5 months with outbreaks now on face and on scalp in hair. Some are painful raw blistery. Spreading on buttocks and a few on legs. Have tried several medications. Some have helped but none have cured. It is showing no signs of letting up. Dr has now prescribed Cellcept. Is this a safe drug for treatment for Pityriasis Rosea?
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, PAD, and takes Lisinopril, Plendil)
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back to the 40MG Lisinopril and discontinue the Plendil. I'm confused about the effects that Plendil has on my arteries. Does Plendil dialate the arteries ? If so, then wouldn't it be better that I stop the Plendil to reduce the pain of my PAD ?
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Can enoxaparin be cause of impotence
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Enoxaparin Sodium)
I was active in sex relationship and performing sufficiently well. Because of a plane trip I was given one injection of Enoxaparin (Clexane' 40mg) for thrombosis prevention. I noticed a lack of libido and impotence . After one month I was given the second injection for the return trip. For the first week I noticed a return of sex desires and good erection. After the second week I experience again lack of libido and full impotence which still persisting after 6 weeks from the return fight.
More questions for: Lisinopril, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tranxene and sexual problems
(Posted by a 64 year old man who has Sexual Dysfunction, and takes Tranxene)
Tranxene 15 mg has taken them and will cause sexual dysfunction once have been off them for a week or so then begin to have normal sexual activity once back on them again cause the same problem again does not tell about the side effects on the pamplets.
- Experience with morphine and xanax
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Post Operative Knee Heart Condition, and takes Lisinopril, Digoxin, Metoprolol Succinate)
I take MS contin for back pain, and xanax for anxiety. I was in the heart unit, and they decided to give me my morphine through the central line because I was having a lot of pain. The nurse pushed it in really slow, and afterword they asked me if I wanted my xanax, and I took it as well. 1 mg. I don't know how much morphine they gave me, but i began to hallucinate. I thought was dying..I remember trying to talk but the words wouldn't come out. I thought the nurse was asking me if I believed in Christ, and I said yes I love the Lord. At some point I was sure I had died, but I was calm and peaceful..there were several nurses in the room and I thought omg.. they've been keeping the secret of what happens when you die. I told them I was leaving because I wanted to go out in the hall, I was sure my deceased mother was out there looking for me, so I tried to remove my IV to get out of bed. They stopped me and I remember the nurse saying no its not your time. And I woke up the next morning.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
(Posted by a 58 year old man who has Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Viagra)
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came back normal. PSA low etc. Each incident I took a Viagra and during sex I ejaculated semen. I waited a month, masturbated and everything was fine,, had sex and there was red blood in my precum. Finally after 3 months it stopped. The second time it occurred I was concerned and went back to the doctor to be told I was fine. The third time, it was directly related to Viagra. I can take Cialis without a problem. No one seems to say it is the Viagra,,, except my body
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Erectile dysfunction
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- 1 year i keeped sexuals affairs with my wife and i didnt have problems but after i took ventolin i can t performe a full acte... is it normal? what can i do? how much time does the ventolin stay on the system? thanks
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.