Review: could Lisinopril cause Foot swelling (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)?
Summary: Foot swelling is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,797 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Foot swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Foot swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Foot swelling >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,275 Lisinopril users)
Foot swelling has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism. (latest reports from 1,440 Foot swelling patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 93,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 29 people (0.03%) have Foot Swelling.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Foot swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Foot swelling||7.41%||14.81%||11.11%||7.41%||25.93%||14.81%||18.52% |
Gender of people who have Foot swelling when taking Lisinopril * :
|Foot swelling||37.93%||62.07% |
Age of people who have Foot swelling when taking Lisinopril * :
|Foot swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.90%||13.79%||41.38%||37.93% |
Severity of Foot swelling when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Foot swelling||10.34%||48.28%||37.93%||3.45% |
How people recovered from Foot swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Foot swelling||0.00%||22.73%||77.27% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (14 people, 48.28%)
- High blood cholesterol (7 people, 24.14%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 20.69%)
- Pain (2 people, 6.90%)
- Chronic depression (2 people, 6.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (5 people, 17.24%)
- Furosemide (5 people, 17.24%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 13.79%)
- Vitamin d (4 people, 13.79%)
- Amlodipine (3 people, 10.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Foot Swelling while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Foot Swelling
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Foot Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Zoloft, Atenolol, Lisinopril for a 54-year old man with Total Cholesterol, Depression, Beating Heart Surgery, Hbp. The patient has Hot Flush
- A study of drug interactions between Ginger, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Supraventricular Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Octreotide Acetate, Klonopin for a 31-year old woman with Diarrhea, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Levaquin for a 68-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Comparions of Enalaprilat, Lisinopril for a 22-year old man who has Microalbuminuria
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a 67-year old man who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.