Review: could Lisinopril cause Gout?
Summary: Gout is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,797 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 341 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Gout >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,275 Lisinopril users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes. (latest reports from 13,678 Gout patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 93,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 341 people (0.36%) have Gout.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Gout * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Lisinopril * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Lisinopril * :
Severity of Gout when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gout ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (67 people, 19.65%)
- Multiple myeloma (37 people, 10.85%)
- Gout (27 people, 7.92%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (25 people, 7.33%)
- Diabetes mellitus (21 people, 6.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (152 people, 44.57%)
- Allopurinol (138 people, 40.47%)
- Lasix (91 people, 26.69%)
- Lipitor (82 people, 24.05%)
- Plavix (59 people, 17.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Tony Di Viesti (2 years ago):
I am an 83 year old male who has CDK but doing well since I stopped taking a Tricor (generic). My question now is I get the gout quite often, am wondering if the pill I also take(Lisinopril) is causing it, along with effecting my Creatinine and BUN count ? I was told once by a doctor that at one time taking a diuretic (Hydrochlorothiazide) was the cause of the gout, I stopped and it subsided.
My concern is the CKD I have which my counts have gone down since like I mentioned, stop taking the Tricor generic.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and gout on
Do you have Gout while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Gout
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Gout
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 66-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Severe Cramping Hands, Shins, Feet And Under Rib Cage
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.