Review: could Lisinopril cause Headaches (Headache)?
Summary: Headaches is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,662 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,510 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Headaches >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril 99,129 users)
Headaches (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headaches 168,596 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 93,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 3,510 people (3.75%) have Headaches.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headaches when taking Lisinopril * :
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Lisinopril * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (813 people, 23.16%)
- Depression (281 people, 8.01%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (246 people, 7.01%)
- Pain (195 people, 5.56%)
- Diabetes mellitus (150 people, 4.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (892 people, 25.41%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (459 people, 13.08%)
- Lipitor (381 people, 10.85%)
- Furosemide (350 people, 9.97%)
- Simvastatin (336 people, 9.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Headaches
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can the drug cellcept be used to treat pityriasis rosea
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Pityriasis Rosea, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Cellcept)
Been diagnosed as Pityriasis Rosea. Dark patchy circles all over upper body and back. Condition has worsen, lasting over 5 months with outbreaks now on face and on scalp in hair. Some are painful raw blistery. Spreading on buttocks and a few on legs. Have tried several medications. Some have helped but none have cured. It is showing no signs of letting up. Dr has now prescribed Cellcept. Is this a safe drug for treatment for Pityriasis Rosea?
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, PAD, and takes Lisinopril, Plendil)
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back to the 40MG Lisinopril and discontinue the Plendil. I'm confused about the effects that Plendil has on my arteries. Does Plendil dialate the arteries ? If so, then wouldn't it be better that I stop the Plendil to reduce the pain of my PAD ?
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Headache, and takes Depo-provera)
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
More questions for: Lisinopril, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Experience with morphine and xanax
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Post Operative Knee Heart Condition, and takes Lisinopril, Digoxin, Metoprolol Succinate)
I take MS contin for back pain, and xanax for anxiety. I was in the heart unit, and they decided to give me my morphine through the central line because I was having a lot of pain. The nurse pushed it in really slow, and afterword they asked me if I wanted my xanax, and I took it as well. 1 mg. I don't know how much morphine they gave me, but i began to hallucinate. I thought was dying..I remember trying to talk but the words wouldn't come out. I thought the nurse was asking me if I believed in Christ, and I said yes I love the Lord. At some point I was sure I had died, but I was calm and peaceful..there were several nurses in the room and I thought omg.. they've been keeping the secret of what happens when you die. I told them I was leaving because I wanted to go out in the hall, I was sure my deceased mother was out there looking for me, so I tried to remove my IV to get out of bed. They stopped me and I remember the nurse saying no its not your time. And I woke up the next morning.
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Headaches, and takes Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking migrane meds and that hasnt helped a bit so think its not migranes im having. some other reason.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets of symptoms last for a day, then to be repeated again the next day on taking the next capsule. Whenever I cease using the product the symptoms likewise end. They began occurring from the very first use of the product. They are sometimes accompanied by a very low-grade headache. I thus now no longer use the product, plus the product made no difference whatsoever to my weight gain/loss when using it daily over several weeks.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Headaches
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Headaches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.