Review: could Lisinopril cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,823 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,188 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Heart palpitations >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,309 Lisinopril users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,177 Heart palpitations patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 93,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 1,188 people (1.27%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||27.72%||15.84%||13.86%||15.84%||13.86%||6.93%||5.94% |
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Lisinopril * :
|Heart palpitations||65.44%||34.56% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Lisinopril * :
|Heart palpitations||0.09%||0.00%||0.19%||2.64%||5.00%||14.14%||27.33%||50.61% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||3.85%||75.00%||19.23%||1.92% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart palpitations||10.34%||10.34%||79.31% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (235 people, 19.78%)
- Atrial fibrillation (58 people, 4.88%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (53 people, 4.46%)
- Depression (47 people, 3.96%)
- Anxiety (45 people, 3.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (392 people, 33.00%)
- Digoxin (247 people, 20.79%)
- Furosemide (215 people, 18.10%)
- Lipitor (194 people, 16.33%)
- Lasix (179 people, 15.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Bisacodyl, Piperine, Curcumin, Fish Oil, Ativan, Coreg, Prilosec Otc, Wellbutrin Xl, Oxycodone for a 39-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Constipation, Adjuvant For Curcumin, Depression, Inflammatory Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Atrial Tachycardia, Ulcer - Peptic, Breakthrough Pain. The patient has Tricuspid Regurgitation, Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation, Heart Murmurs, Ventricular Extrasystoles, Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old woman with High Blood Pressure.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 58-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Aortic Aneurysm
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.