Home > Lisinopril > Mouth ulcers > Lisinopril and Mouth ulcers
Review: could Lisinopril cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Hypertension.
We study 93,620 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 262 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,102 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Mouth ulcers (latest reports from 71,078 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 93,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 262 people (0.28%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||55.00%||5.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Lisinopril * :
|Mouth ulcers||50.19%||49.81% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Lisinopril * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.23%||14.81%||21.40%||62.55% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulcers||12.50%||12.50%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (41 people, 15.65%)
- Multiple myeloma (33 people, 12.60%)
- Breast cancer (31 people, 11.83%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 9.54%)
- Metastases to bone (22 people, 8.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (103 people, 39.31%)
- Aspirin (92 people, 35.11%)
- Aredia (76 people, 29.01%)
- Prilosec (65 people, 24.81%)
- Prednisone (54 people, 20.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Mouth Ulcers, and takes Rituxan)
24 hr. after last rituxan tx. developed horrible mouth uclers - mouth skin looked liked hanging chads in the mouth. 8 l/2 months later everything 17 specialists can think of have not worked...Any suggestions. Help this is awful
- Is there a condition of low blood pressure with combined medications & lisinopril & propranol
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Pass Out, Falls, Blood Pressure Extremly Low, Dizzyness,, and takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril)
I am trying to find a expert to confirm my blood pressure was too low from taking the 2 meds together. Which caused me to pass out and fall. I have returned to normal blood pressure since I discontinued taking Lisinopril.
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
More questions for: Lisinopril, Mouth ulcers
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Eyelid Swelling & Reddish, and takes Lisinopril)
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Hypertension, Post Cardiac By-pass Surgery, and takes Coreg, Lisinopril)
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Mouth ulcers
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Ventricular Bigeminy (alternating normal sinus and premature ventricular complexes)
Comments: I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ years to effectively control high blood pressure. In last few years, there has been observation (on and off) of Bigeminy PVCs.
Recently, i was in the OR on table for elective knee replacement surgery and the Anesthesiologist immediately recommende ...
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has
Comments: combination of drugs does not seem to control blood pressure. BP varies during the day and changes markedly. High readings of 130/85 to lows of 80/70 over a brief (1 to 2 hour) time span. When BP gets low patient suffers from dizziness, nausea, feeling cold, and general weakness. Normal BP runs ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lisinopril, Tramadol for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Back Pain. The patient has Creatinine Urine Increased, Proteinuria Present
Comments: In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Mouth ulcers
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.