Review: could Lisinopril cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,823 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,518 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Muscle spasms >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,309 Lisinopril users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,984 Muscle spasms patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 93,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 1,518 people (1.62%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||12.77%||44.68%||14.89%||17.02%||6.38%||4.26%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Lisinopril * :
|Muscle spasms||59.65%||40.35% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Lisinopril * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||0.08%||1.08%||3.94%||13.20%||24.79%||56.91% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||8.33%||16.67%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (361 people, 23.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (200 people, 13.18%)
- Depression (126 people, 8.30%)
- Osteoporosis (111 people, 7.31%)
- Pain (85 people, 5.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (394 people, 25.96%)
- Lipitor (233 people, 15.35%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (190 people, 12.52%)
- Atenolol (165 people, 10.87%)
- Lasix (161 people, 10.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Humalog, Ambien, Lamictal, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man with Hyperlipidaemia, Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus, Insomnia - Psychophysiological (learned), Bipolar Ii Disorder, Microalbuminuria.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 51-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.