Review: could Lisinopril cause Nausea and vomiting?
Summary: Nausea and vomiting is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,797 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,735 have Nausea and vomiting. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and vomiting and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Nausea and vomiting >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,275 Lisinopril users)
Nausea and vomiting
Nausea and vomiting has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 142,488 Nausea and vomiting patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 93,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 3,735 people (3.98%) have Nausea And Vomiting.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Nausea and vomiting * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nausea and vomiting||23.26%||20.93%||12.21%||16.86%||13.95%||9.30%||3.49% |
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Lisinopril * :
|Nausea and vomiting||62.29%||37.71% |
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Lisinopril * :
|Nausea and vomiting||0.00%||0.12%||0.45%||1.93%||5.52%||13.48%||25.19%||53.31% |
Severity of Nausea and vomiting when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nausea and vomiting||14.29%||42.86%||35.71%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Nausea and vomiting ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nausea and vomiting||11.11%||33.33%||55.56% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (681 people, 18.23%)
- Pain (256 people, 6.85%)
- Depression (217 people, 5.81%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (195 people, 5.22%)
- Diabetes mellitus (185 people, 4.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,062 people, 28.43%)
- Lasix (479 people, 12.82%)
- Furosemide (467 people, 12.50%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (446 people, 11.94%)
- Lipitor (421 people, 11.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and nausea and vomiting on
Do you have Nausea And Vomiting while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Nausea And Vomiting
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Nausea And Vomiting
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Ativan, Methadone Hydrochloride, Percocet, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with PTSD, Spinal Cord Injury Cervical, Spinal Osteoarthritis. The patient has Restlessness Aggravated, Restless Legs Syndrome, Movement - Uncontrollable, Pain - Leg, Nausea And Vomiting, Vomiting, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 59-year old woman with Transplant - Kidney, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Gain, Blood Creatinine Increased
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 41-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle)
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.