Review: could Lisinopril cause Numbness and tingling?
Summary: Numbness and tingling is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 93,662 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 150 have Numbness and tingling. Find out below who they are, when they have Numbness and tingling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Numbness and tingling >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (view latest outcomes from 99,129 users)
Numbness and tingling
Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Numbness and tingling 4,873 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 93,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 150 people (0.16%) have Numbness And Tingling.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Numbness and tingling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness and tingling||4.76%||28.57%||14.29%||16.67%||19.05%||11.90%||4.76% |
Gender of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Lisinopril * :
|Numbness and tingling||39.22%||60.78% |
Age of people who have Numbness and tingling when taking Lisinopril * :
|Numbness and tingling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||14.29%||19.84%||61.11% |
Severity of Numbness and tingling when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness and tingling||10.81%||59.46%||27.03%||2.70% |
How people recovered from Numbness and tingling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness and tingling||4.35%||0.00%||95.65% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 18.67%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 12.67%)
- High blood pressure (19 people, 12.67%)
- Hypercalcaemia of malignancy (11 people, 7.33%)
- Pain (9 people, 6.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (43 people, 28.67%)
- Ambien (34 people, 22.67%)
- Aspirin (31 people, 20.67%)
- Prilosec (31 people, 20.67%)
- Atenolol (30 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Numbness And Tingling while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Numbness And Tingling
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Numbness And Tingling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Lisinopril, Numbness and tingling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Experience with morphine and xanax
I take MS contin for back pain, and xanax for anxiety. I was in the heart unit, and they decided to give me my morphine through the central line because I was having a lot of pain. The nurse pushed it in really slow, and afterword they asked me if I wanted my xanax, and I took it as well. 1 mg. I don't know how much morphine they gave me, but i began to hallucinate. I thought was dying..I remember trying to talk but the words wouldn't come out. I thought the nurse was asking me if I believed in Christ, and I said yes I love the Lord. At some point I was sure I had died, but I was calm and peaceful..there were several nurses in the room and I thought omg.. they've been keeping the secret of what happens when you die. I told them I was leaving because I wanted to go out in the hall, I was sure my deceased mother was out there looking for me, so I tried to remove my IV to get out of bed. They stopped me and I remember the nurse saying no its not your time. And I woke up the next morning.
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
- Reaction to methylpred
I have a severe case of poison ivy for which I was given Prednisone. Still suffering 1 week later went back to doctor (was at 2x/day at that point) and was then put on methylpred 4mg PAK. Today is my second day on this. First noted tingling on my insides in my trunk area this morning, later in arms and hands and numbness in my tongue. Weird internal feeling. Now I itch and tingle.
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Numbness and tingling
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I started taking gilenya about six months ago. A few weeks after starting the medication I started getting acid reflux symptoms and am now in medication for acid reflux. I want to know if the gilenya may be causing my acid reflux.
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ years to effectively control high blood pressure. In last few years, there has been observation (on and off) of Bigeminy PVCs.
Recently, i was in the OR on table for elective knee replacement surgery and the Anesthesiologist immediately recommende ...
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Numbness and tingling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.