Review: could Lisinopril cause Postnasal drip (Nasal discharge)?
Summary: Postnasal drip is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,662 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Postnasal drip. Find out below who they are, when they have Postnasal drip and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Postnasal drip >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril 99,129 users)
Postnasal Drip (discharge from nose) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma.(latest reports from Postnasal Drip 1,611 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 93,620 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 21 people (0.02%) have Postnasal Drip.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Postnasal drip * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||54.55%||0.00%||18.18%||18.18%||9.09%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Lisinopril * :
|Postnasal drip||38.10%||61.90% |
Age of people who have Postnasal drip when taking Lisinopril * :
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||21.05%||31.58%||47.37% |
Severity of Postnasal drip when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||45.45%||45.45%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Postnasal drip ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Postnasal drip||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (5 people, 23.81%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 19.05%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 9.52%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (1 people, 4.76%)
- Lipids nos increased (1 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (4 people, 19.05%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (3 people, 14.29%)
- Bactrim (2 people, 9.52%)
- Simvastatin (2 people, 9.52%)
- Phenazopyridine hcl tab (2 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Postnasal Drip while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Postnasal Drip
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Postnasal Drip
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Lisinopril, Postnasal drip
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Experience with morphine and xanax
I take MS contin for back pain, and xanax for anxiety. I was in the heart unit, and they decided to give me my morphine through the central line because I was having a lot of pain. The nurse pushed it in really slow, and afterword they asked me if I wanted my xanax, and I took it as well. 1 mg. I don't know how much morphine they gave me, but i began to hallucinate. I thought was dying..I remember trying to talk but the words wouldn't come out. I thought the nurse was asking me if I believed in Christ, and I said yes I love the Lord. At some point I was sure I had died, but I was calm and peaceful..there were several nurses in the room and I thought omg.. they've been keeping the secret of what happens when you die. I told them I was leaving because I wanted to go out in the hall, I was sure my deceased mother was out there looking for me, so I tried to remove my IV to get out of bed. They stopped me and I remember the nurse saying no its not your time. And I woke up the next morning.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Yawning after taking sub
Within a few minutes after I take my Suboxone film I seem to get intense yawning event along with runny nose & watery eyes lasting 5-15 mins. Sometimes I can make it subside by drinking a lot of water if I am in a place I can get it. I have been on Sub for approx 5 yrs. & have only noticed this side effect during the past 1 yr or so. It doesn't seem to matter if I take 1/2 or a whole film, (4mg or 8mg.)
While this isn't life shattering it can be quite annoying if I am out in public, at work, etc. The yawning gets so intense at times I feel like my jaw will unhinge & can't control it at all.
It seems paradoxical to me. Previously taking Sub would stop any typical opiate withdrawal symptoms such a yawing & runny nose & eyes. Now it actually causes this effect. I don't get any other feelings of going into withdrawal. Just those I mentioned. Could it be a reaction to the naloxone?
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. Time will tell if this was the problem.
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Postnasal drip
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ years to effectively control high blood pressure. In last few years, there has been observation (on and off) of Bigeminy PVCs.
Recently, i was in the OR on table for elective knee replacement surgery and the Anesthesiologist immediately recommende ...
- combination of drugs does not seem to control blood pressure. BP varies during the day and changes markedly. High readings of 130/85 to lows of 80/70 over a brief (1 to 2 hour) time span. When BP gets low patient suffers from dizziness, nausea, feeling cold, and general weakness. Normal BP runs ...
- In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Postnasal drip
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.