Review: could Lisinopril cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,797 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,534 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Renal failure >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,283 Lisinopril users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 72,154 Renal failure patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 93,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 2,534 people (2.70%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||28.00%||15.33%||13.33%||8.67%||22.00%||7.33%||5.33% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Lisinopril * :
|Renal failure||42.96%||57.04% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Lisinopril * :
|Renal failure||0.09%||0.00%||0.30%||0.69%||3.31%||10.25%||20.32%||65.05% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||0.00%||44.44%||55.56%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (373 people, 14.72%)
- Pain (155 people, 6.12%)
- Diabetes mellitus (137 people, 5.41%)
- Depression (101 people, 3.99%)
- Multiple myeloma (85 people, 3.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (754 people, 29.76%)
- Aspirin (735 people, 29.01%)
- Trasylol (668 people, 26.36%)
- Heparin (554 people, 21.86%)
- Nitroglycerin (435 people, 17.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and renal failure on
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 66-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Severe Cramping Hands, Shins, Feet And Under Rib Cage
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.