Home > Lisinopril > Renal failure > Lisinopril and Renal failure
Review: could Lisinopril cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 93,588 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,532 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Renal failure >>>
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,013 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 426,720 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 93,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 2,532 people (2.71%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||28.19%||15.44%||13.42%||8.72%||21.48%||7.38%||5.37% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Lisinopril * :
|Renal failure||42.92%||57.08% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Lisinopril * :
|Renal failure||0.09%||0.00%||0.30%||0.69%||3.32%||10.25%||20.34%||65.02% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||0.00%||28.57%||71.43%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (372 people, 14.69%)
- Pain (154 people, 6.08%)
- Diabetes mellitus (137 people, 5.41%)
- Depression (101 people, 3.99%)
- Multiple myeloma (85 people, 3.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (754 people, 29.78%)
- Aspirin (734 people, 28.99%)
- Trasylol (668 people, 26.38%)
- Heparin (554 people, 21.88%)
- Nitroglycerin (435 people, 17.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Lisinopril?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
I took lisinopril for less then 2 weeks and i went into kidney failure and almost died. Now i have to catherize evry day to get the urine out.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lisinopril, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Lisinopril (lisinopril) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Lisinopril is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lisinopril used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 42-year old woman who has Pain - Foot (6 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (50 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (52 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Tyramine Reaction
- Arrhythmia Nos Neonatal
- Brain Stem Stroke
- Anaemic Hypoxia
- White Blood Cell Count Increased