Review: could Lisinopril cause Retrograde ejaculation?
Summary: Retrograde ejaculation is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Metformin hcl, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,797 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Retrograde ejaculation. Find out below who they are, when they have Retrograde ejaculation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Retrograde ejaculation >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,275 Lisinopril users)
Retrograde ejaculation (entry of semen into the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation) has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, prostatomegaly. (latest reports from 359 Retrograde ejaculation patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 93,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Retrograde Ejaculation.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Retrograde ejaculation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Retrograde ejaculation||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||11.11%||22.22%||0.00%||22.22% |
Gender of people who have Retrograde ejaculation when taking Lisinopril * :
|Retrograde ejaculation||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Retrograde ejaculation when taking Lisinopril * :
|Retrograde ejaculation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||10.00%||20.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Retrograde ejaculation when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Retrograde ejaculation||0.00%||0.00%||77.78%||22.22% |
How people recovered from Retrograde ejaculation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Retrograde ejaculation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (5 people, 41.67%)
- Diabetes (2 people, 16.67%)
- Bph (2 people, 16.67%)
- Erectile dysfunction (1 people, 8.33%)
- Ejaculation failure (1 people, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metformin hcl (2 people, 16.67%)
- Vytorin (2 people, 16.67%)
- Metformin hydrochloride (2 people, 16.67%)
- Avodart (2 people, 16.67%)
- Coreg (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and retrograde ejaculation on
Do you have Retrograde Ejaculation while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Retrograde Ejaculation
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Retrograde Ejaculation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 41-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle)
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lantus, Lisinopril for a 72-year old man with Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.