Review: could Lisinopril cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 93,823 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 360 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,309 Lisinopril users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,651 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 93,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 367 people (0.39%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||36.36%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||45.45%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Lisinopril * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||72.51%||27.49% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Lisinopril * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.62%||2.95%||14.43%||25.90%||54.10% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (193 people, 52.59%)
- Hypertension (104 people, 28.34%)
- Pain (36 people, 9.81%)
- Osteoporosis (31 people, 8.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (23 people, 6.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (125 people, 34.06%)
- Humira (106 people, 28.88%)
- Enbrel (94 people, 25.61%)
- Folic acid (88 people, 23.98%)
- Aspirin (73 people, 19.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 43-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.