Review: could Lisinopril cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,662 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,742 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Skin rash >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril 99,129 users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression.(latest reports from Skin rash 145,684 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 93,662 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 3,688 people (3.94%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||25.49%||29.41%||8.33%||6.37%||16.67%||8.82%||4.90% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Lisinopril * :
|Skin rash||52.54%||47.46% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Lisinopril * :
|Skin rash||0.06%||0.18%||0.06%||0.78%||3.32%||11.59%||26.77%||57.25% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||16.28%||46.51%||32.56%||4.65% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||7.69%||3.85%||88.46% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (902 people, 24.46%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (360 people, 9.76%)
- Depression (253 people, 6.86%)
- Pain (213 people, 5.78%)
- Diabetes mellitus (179 people, 4.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,176 people, 31.89%)
- Lasix (481 people, 13.04%)
- Lipitor (473 people, 12.83%)
- Simvastatin (437 people, 11.85%)
- Niaspan (421 people, 11.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can the drug cellcept be used to treat pityriasis rosea
Been diagnosed as Pityriasis Rosea. Dark patchy circles all over upper body and back. Condition has worsen, lasting over 5 months with outbreaks now on face and on scalp in hair. Some are painful raw blistery. Spreading on buttocks and a few on legs. Have tried several medications. Some have helped but none have cured. It is showing no signs of letting up. Dr has now prescribed Cellcept. Is this a safe drug for treatment for Pityriasis Rosea?
- Plendil and pad interaction with arteries
I'm currently taking 10 MG of Plendil with 20MG of Lisinopril. I've developed PAD a couple of years ago. I used to take 40MG of Lisinopril but since retiring my blood pressure had calmed down. My doctor reduced my Lisinopril to 20MG and kept the Plendil at 10MG. I was wondering is I should go back to the 40MG Lisinopril and discontinue the Plendil. I'm confused about the effects that Plendil has on my arteries. Does Plendil dialate the arteries ? If so, then wouldn't it be better that I stop the Plendil to reduce the pain of my PAD ?
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- How long does redness last after picato?
After 3 and a half weeks, I still have a huge red splotch on my face where I applied picato gel according to directions from my dermatologist. I'm very worried that it will be permanent. I had a huge water filled blister the morning after my first application of the gel. I used it two more times as directed. After a week, some of the redness was going away but I've seen no more improvement in the past two weeks. I'm still scaley, rough and red.
Has anyone else experience this? I went by the doctors office the first morning and was told it was as expected. I've called back and been told not to worry. I see the dr in two more weeks, but for now, I'm quite upset that permanent damage has been done. I was not warned at all that this could happen. The photos in the medication packaging led me to believe that in 3 weeks, all redness would be gone. Info needed for sure. Please let me know. Thanks
More questions for: Lisinopril, Skin rash
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Experience with morphine and xanax
I take MS contin for back pain, and xanax for anxiety. I was in the heart unit, and they decided to give me my morphine through the central line because I was having a lot of pain. The nurse pushed it in really slow, and afterword they asked me if I wanted my xanax, and I took it as well. 1 mg. I don't know how much morphine they gave me, but i began to hallucinate. I thought was dying..I remember trying to talk but the words wouldn't come out. I thought the nurse was asking me if I believed in Christ, and I said yes I love the Lord. At some point I was sure I had died, but I was calm and peaceful..there were several nurses in the room and I thought omg.. they've been keeping the secret of what happens when you die. I told them I was leaving because I wanted to go out in the hall, I was sure my deceased mother was out there looking for me, so I tried to remove my IV to get out of bed. They stopped me and I remember the nurse saying no its not your time. And I woke up the next morning.
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue (1 response)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lipitor was the cause,I stopped Lipitor 3 weeks later not losing weight ,bad dreams gone,feeling like myself again,hoping to regain the weight in time,Lisinpril 10 mg started two years ago ,has issues but did not connect until recently,3 months after taking started to have problems in the bedroom,only within the last 5 months did it occur to me was that was the cause of my sexual performance...had all test done testosterone ,blood work and all came back normal,stopped taking Lisinpril for 4 days a my manhood returned to normal!! Just spoke with doctor and says that shouldn't be????? Really ,he has since written me a new BP prescription,recent BP readings have been normal and will not take until BP rises....eating better ,with supplements ,,why Doctors don't believe the patient is incredulous ,thanks to sites like this people need to really question the health care their getting .....
- Rash from eating kale
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication (2 responses)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to get up. So then I tried Amlopidine. Fantastic! I haven't felt this well since I was on my teens. My message is ... don't put up with side effects. Change your drug until you find the one that works for you.
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. Time will tell if this was the problem.
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Skin rash
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- had a procedure to melt and remove fat from abdomen ... used versed IV as anaesthesia, wasn't very effective, had a lot of pain and memory of procedure. Rash developed on my face around mouth, nose, and eyes ... getting worse over past 18 months.
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- I have what seems like a very moderate to severe reaction to the antibiotic Avelox. My doctor said the reaction is called "Red Man Syndrome". All I know is my skin turns red, is tender to the touch and my heart races. It was a very scary reaction.
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Skin rash
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.