Home > Lisinopril > Swelling > Lisinopril and Swelling
Review: could Lisinopril cause Swelling?
Summary: Swelling is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Hypertension.
We study 93,620 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 757 have Swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Swelling >>>
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,102 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Swelling (latest reports from 25,848 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 93,620 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 799 people (0.85%) have Swelling.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Lisinopril * :
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Lisinopril * :
Severity of Swelling when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (175 people, 21.90%)
- Pain (110 people, 13.77%)
- Metastases to bone (95 people, 11.89%)
- Multiple myeloma (92 people, 11.51%)
- Depression (90 people, 11.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (234 people, 29.29%)
- Aspirin (187 people, 23.40%)
- Furosemide (176 people, 22.03%)
- Aredia (171 people, 21.40%)
- Lasix (128 people, 16.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swelling while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Swelling
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Is there a condition of low blood pressure with combined medications & lisinopril & propranol
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Pass Out, Falls, Blood Pressure Extremly Low, Dizzyness,, and takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril)
I am trying to find a expert to confirm my blood pressure was too low from taking the 2 meds together. Which caused me to pass out and fall. I have returned to normal blood pressure since I discontinued taking Lisinopril.
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- My doctor prescribed citalopram for depression but l have myasthenia gravis is the ol
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Depression, and takes Lisinopril, Atorvastatin Calcium, Prednisolone, Azathioprine)
Could anyone help, my doctor has given me citalopram for depression but I have myasthenia gravis is this ok I have read it might not be safe?
More questions for: Lisinopril, Swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Eyelid Swelling & Reddish, and takes Lisinopril)
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Swelling
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Ventricular Bigeminy (alternating normal sinus and premature ventricular complexes)
Comments: I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ years to effectively control high blood pressure. In last few years, there has been observation (on and off) of Bigeminy PVCs.
Recently, i was in the OR on table for elective knee replacement surgery and the Anesthesiologist immediately recommende ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.