Home > Lisinopril > Swollen tongue > Lisinopril and Swollen tongue
Review: could Lisinopril cause Swollen tongue?
We study 93,588 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 669 have Swollen tongue. Find out below who they are, when they have Swollen tongue and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Swollen tongue >>>
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,058 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue) (latest reports from 64,542 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 93,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 669 people (0.71%) have Swollen Tongue.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Swollen tongue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Swollen tongue||22.86%||18.29%||8.57%||16.00%||20.00%||9.71%||4.57% |
Gender of people who have Swollen tongue when taking Lisinopril * :
|Swollen tongue||55.97%||44.03% |
Age of people who have Swollen tongue when taking Lisinopril * :
|Swollen tongue||0.00%||0.00%||0.17%||0.68%||2.87%||6.76%||23.14%||66.39% |
Severity of Swollen tongue when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Swollen tongue||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from Swollen tongue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Swollen tongue||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (333 people, 49.78%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (27 people, 4.04%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (24 people, 3.59%)
- Diabetes mellitus (23 people, 3.44%)
- Pain (22 people, 3.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (116 people, 17.34%)
- Simvastatin (70 people, 10.46%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (64 people, 9.57%)
- Furosemide (42 people, 6.28%)
- Acetaminophen (40 people, 5.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Swollen Tongue while taking Lisinopril?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Swollen Tongue
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Swollen Tongue
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
Swollen right lymph node
From this study (8 months ago):
Swelling develops quickly and is usually accompanied by itching and occasional rash. Swelling begins to dissipate after 4-5 hours. It is totally random - two weeks without any swelling, then 3-4 days with itching and swelling at different sites.
From this study (2 years ago):
It only happens about 1 a year or so I wake up in the morning with swollen tongue,tonsuls,mouth. Can't swallow or breath, have to take a epi pen shot and 8 hrs it goes away.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lisinopril, Swollen tongue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Swollen tongue
On eHealthMe, Lisinopril (lisinopril) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Lisinopril is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lisinopril used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (46 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (46 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Decreased