Home > Lisinopril > Urinary retention > Lisinopril and Urinary retention
Review: could Lisinopril cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 93,620 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 343 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Urinary retention >>>
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,102 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) (latest reports from 13,818 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 93,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 343 people (0.37%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||22.22%||22.22%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Lisinopril * :
|Urinary retention||35.57%||64.43% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Lisinopril * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.68%||2.70%||6.42%||21.28%||68.92% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary retention||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (58 people, 16.91%)
- Multiple myeloma (26 people, 7.58%)
- Multiple sclerosis (15 people, 4.37%)
- Pain (15 people, 4.37%)
- Prophylaxis (12 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (99 people, 28.86%)
- Furosemide (73 people, 21.28%)
- Zometa (52 people, 15.16%)
- Coumadin (50 people, 14.58%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (48 people, 13.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- Is there a condition of low blood pressure with combined medications & lisinopril & propranol
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Pass Out, Falls, Blood Pressure Extremly Low, Dizzyness,, and takes Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril)
I am trying to find a expert to confirm my blood pressure was too low from taking the 2 meds together. Which caused me to pass out and fall. I have returned to normal blood pressure since I discontinued taking Lisinopril.
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Diabetic, Bullous Pemphigoid , and takes Lisinopril, Metformin, Victoza)
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
More questions for: Lisinopril, Urinary retention
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Eyelid Swelling & Reddish, and takes Lisinopril)
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Hypertension, Post Cardiac By-pass Surgery, and takes Coreg, Lisinopril)
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Urinary retention
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Ventricular Bigeminy (alternating normal sinus and premature ventricular complexes)
Comments: I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ years to effectively control high blood pressure. In last few years, there has been observation (on and off) of Bigeminy PVCs.
Recently, i was in the OR on table for elective knee replacement surgery and the Anesthesiologist immediately recommende ...
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has
Comments: combination of drugs does not seem to control blood pressure. BP varies during the day and changes markedly. High readings of 130/85 to lows of 80/70 over a brief (1 to 2 hour) time span. When BP gets low patient suffers from dizziness, nausea, feeling cold, and general weakness. Normal BP runs ...
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Lisinopril, Tramadol for a patient with Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Back Pain. The patient has Creatinine Urine Increased, Proteinuria Present
Comments: In CRF with controlled HBP, now with high levels of protein (urine) 34;53;186, and now high creatinine levels in urine too (367). Increase of urine protein from 53 to 186 was after taking cod liver oil tablet and Tramadol.
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Urinary retention
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Silver and Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction
- Bad Breath
- Kidney Stones and Arrhythmia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cough and Topamax
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (33 minutes ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (1 hour ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (12 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (20 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirapex, Pravachol, Cymbalta, Clonidine, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax for a 58-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, RLS, High Density Lipoprotein Abnormal, RSD, Hot Flashes, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache (45 minutes ago)
- Cephalexin, Aranesp for a 86-year old woman who has Discitis, Low Hemoglobin (49 minutes ago)
- Humira for a 29-year old woman who has Psoriasis (1 hour ago)