Review: could Lisinopril cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,823 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 5,369 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Vertigo >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,309 Lisinopril users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,856 Vertigo patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 93,823 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 5,386 people (5.74%) have Vertigo.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Lisinopril * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Lisinopril * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (1,259 people, 23.38%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (343 people, 6.37%)
- Depression (337 people, 6.26%)
- Pain (263 people, 4.88%)
- Atrial fibrillation (246 people, 4.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,759 people, 32.66%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (740 people, 13.74%)
- Simvastatin (734 people, 13.63%)
- Furosemide (710 people, 13.18%)
- Lipitor (662 people, 12.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and vertigo on
Do you have Vertigo while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Lisinopril for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 47-year old woman with High Blood Pressure.
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.