Review: could Lisinopril cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Lisinopril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 93,797 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,808 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Weight gain >>>
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,275 Lisinopril users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 93,797 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 1,808 people (1.93%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||11.27%||16.90%||12.68%||26.76%||14.08%||14.08%||4.23% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Lisinopril * :
|Weight gain||60.39%||39.61% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Lisinopril * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.13%||0.72%||1.24%||4.64%||20.52%||28.37%||44.38% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||1.85%||48.15%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||4.76%||4.76%||90.48% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (302 people, 16.70%)
- Depression (231 people, 12.78%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (135 people, 7.47%)
- Pain (124 people, 6.86%)
- Anxiety (115 people, 6.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (450 people, 24.89%)
- Lipitor (292 people, 16.15%)
- Lasix (279 people, 15.43%)
- Furosemide (264 people, 14.60%)
- Atenolol (217 people, 12.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of lisinopril and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Lisinopril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Night Sweats, Hot Flashes, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.