Home > Lisinopril > Weight gain > Lisinopril and Weight gain
Review: could Lisinopril cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
We study 93,588 people who have side effects while taking Lisinopril from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,804 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Weight gain >>>
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,058 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Weight gain (latest reports from 528,152 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 93,588 people reported to have side effects when taking Lisinopril. Among them, 1,804 people (1.93%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Lisinopril when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||11.94%||16.42%||13.43%||23.88%||14.93%||14.93%||4.48% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Lisinopril * :
|Weight gain||60.36%||39.64% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Lisinopril * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.13%||0.72%||1.25%||4.65%||20.45%||28.37%||44.43% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Lisinopril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||2.00%||48.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||5.56%||0.00%||94.44% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (300 people, 16.63%)
- Depression (230 people, 12.75%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (135 people, 7.48%)
- Pain (124 people, 6.87%)
- Anxiety (115 people, 6.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (450 people, 24.94%)
- Lipitor (291 people, 16.13%)
- Lasix (279 people, 15.47%)
- Furosemide (264 people, 14.63%)
- Atenolol (217 people, 12.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Lisinopril?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lisinopril, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Lyrica varied widely
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
More reviews for: Lisinopril, Weight gain
On eHealthMe, Lisinopril (lisinopril) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Lisinopril is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Lisinopril used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Cyanocobalamin, Xanax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Lisinopril, Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Bursitis, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Weight Gain, Lymphedema, Breast Cancer In Situ, Adhesive Capsulitis, Joint Pain, Constipation, Skin Redness Or Inflammation, Insomnia, Hot Flashes, Shortness Of Breath, Skin Discolouration, Dizziness, Nausea, Fatigue, Weak Pulse
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Lethargy (tiredness), Muscle Aches (muscle pain), Weight Gain, Lower Left Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate for a patient with Hypertension, Heart Block Congenital, Heart Disease Congenital. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
More related studies for: Lisinopril, Weight gain
Recent Lisinopril related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Lisinopril, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Rebound Effect
- Gallbladder Non Functioning
- Swelling In The Abdomen
- Stools Watery